Location: Irving, TX
The individual is responsible for administering, maintaining and supporting applications deployed across the SiriusXM CV on-premise and cloud platform infrastructure. The individual also works as part of a team to manage the security, configuration, deployment, and testing of various applications for all environments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop, document, and maintain procedures for administering, maintaining, and supporting applications
* Capacity planning and resource management for Web servers, Java Application servers, and AWS infrastructure
* Implements procedures to ensure data integrity, configuration control, and systems reliability and availability. Designs and supports problem reporting, tracking, and analysis as requested
* Identifies, conceptualizes, writes, documents, and implements UNIX shell, Perl, Windows Scripting, and additional programs necessary to monitor and administer the production application environment
* Administer, maintain, remediate, and support deployed applications
* Prepares activity and progress reports regarding the management of applications
* Expected to evaluate and perform system and application security patching and remediation
* Exhibits excellent interdepartmental and intradepartmental communication skills while managing all operations shift duties and procedures
* Expected to use end to end methodologies when managing systems and applications.
* Function smoothly and efficiently in a team environment
* Assist in determining root cause for service outages from an application or security perspective
* All other duties and projects assigned
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, System Engineering or a related field.
* Equivalent experience will be evaluated and considered
* One of the following certifications
* AWS Solutions Architect Professional certificate
* AWS SysOps Administrator Associate certificate
Requirements and General Skills:
* Utilizes sound decision making skills and communicates well with other team members and business users
* Identifies problems and recommends solutions, performs triage in a team environment
* Performance will be measured by his/her ability to deliver quality work on time
* Works independently as part of a team, including cross functional teams.
* Interact with IT and Security at all levels
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to interface with a multitude of diverse personalities in a professional and consistent manner
* Ability to support 24X7 on-call production environment
* Knowledge and experience (2-4 years) with AWS cloud platform, services, security, functions and processes
* Minimum of 8-10 years direct Application Administration experience in a 24x7 services provider environment is required
* Knowledge and experience (8-10 years) with LINUX (preferably RHEL/CentOS) in a virtualized environment is required
* Knowledge and experience (8-10 years) with Linux shell scripting and Python
* Knowledge and experience (6-8 years) with Java security concepts, firewalls, certificate management / PKI and OpenSSL is required
* Knowledge and experience (8+ years) with Java Web Services, SoapUI, XML is required
* Knowledge and experience (8-10 years) with JBoss (EAP 6) and Terracotta / ehcache
* Knowledge and experience with networking concepts (Firewalling, Load Balancing) is required
* Specific F5 experience is a PLUS
* Proficiency in documenting complex architectures and workflows for a wide technical audience using a mix of internal publishing tools (KB), MS Visio and MS Excel is required
* Knowledge and experience of RDBM Systems; Oracle, DB2, MySQL, and Sybase a plus
* Knowledge and experience (2-4 years) with Systems and Application monitoring systems such as ZaaS / Zenoss and AppDynamics
* Understanding of ITIL Service Management standards, tools, and processes in a service support/delivery model is required
* ITIL foundations certification a PLUS
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius XM
Sirius XM Holdings is a radio broadcaster.