Location: New York, NY
Provides discovery research, concepts, designs, and prototypes for screen, voice, and multi-modal interfaces for advanced digital applications including web, mobile, and in-vehicle devices. Integrates knowledge of UX best practices, competitive analysis, information design, driver distraction constraints, and device capabilities/limitations in order to inform this work. Must collaborate regularly and effectively with executives, UX team colleagues, Product Managers, Engineers, and other corporate stakeholders in order to clearly communicate and document the vision for planned products or services for implementation by engineering teams. Focus will be on early stage product design starting with rough concepts, including discovery and research, content strategy, interaction design, concept prototyping, and early testing/validation. Will remain available as subject matter expert and provide ongoing support for assigned products throughout the full design/development/release process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Applies innovative thought and knowledge of user experience best practices toward the conceptualization and development of products and services for web, mobile, and in-vehicle head-units.
* Works closely with all user experience group and product team members to efficiently design and develop features and functions for our company.
* Creates presentations and service/application prototypes at all levels of fidelity which are suitable for customer/executive demonstrations and user testing.
* Able to document experience recommendations, along with potential alternatives and rationales, in a clear and detailed manner for both engineering consumption and executive-level summaries.
* Responds to requests for clarification/alteration in a timely manner.
* Adapts quickly to technology and market changes, displaying an eagerness to learn new technologies and tools.
* Special focus will be on providing best-in-class search and discovery experience for our customers. Must remain well-versed in UI standards and emerging trends around new search and recommendation technologies and methodologies
* Bachelor's degree in Design or related field, or equivalent experience;
* A deep understanding of analytics and the value of actionable insights that come from them
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Proven skills creating a wide range of professional user experience deliverables (presentations, journey maps, flow charts, visual layouts, rapid prototypes) under critical deadlines.
* Bonus: 2+ years of experience working on content heavy search/discovery focused UX applications.
* Bonus: Experience with Voice UI (Alexa, Google, Siri etc.)
* Bonus: Experience with in-vehicle design and NHTSA guidelines
* Bonus: Experience working with large consumer-facing media clients
* 5-10 years using demonstrable user experience design processes in a business setting (from conceptualization techniques through the creation of prototypes);
Requirements and General Skills:
* Comfortable presenting work to peers, teams, and groups that may include executives.
* Ability to accept and give feedback on design solutions, and a willingness to adapt designs in progress to new feedback, requirements, and constraints as they are discovered.
* Ability to provide accurate and timely reports on the status of assigned projects to the UX Director, and escalate potential issues that could impact delivery schedules
* Interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact and work with staff at all levels.
* Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision as well as in a collaborative team environment.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Expert knowledge of at least two user experience design/prototyping tools (AdobeXD, Invision, Sketch, Proto.io, Principle, etc.)
* Expert knowledge of at least one major presentation tool (PowerPoint, Keynote, etc.)
* Knowledge of at least one user flow charting/planning tool (Omnigraffle, LucidChart, Visio, etc.)
* Knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel).
* Working knowledge of analytics tools (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics etc.)
* Working knowledge of database schemas and data modeling
* Understanding of Content Management System (CMS) workflows
* Understanding of Agile processes and related project management tools (Jira, Confluence, etc.).
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius XM
Sirius XM Holdings is a radio broadcaster.