Senior Staff Engineer - IT Software Development Job Description
Enterprise Application Delivery (EAD) is one of the major groups in Information Technology, focusing on increasing the velocity of our delivery, our execution, and quality to deliver innovative software solutions. Manufacturing Application Delivery & QA is a sub-group under EAD that focuses on delivering manufacturing capabilities to Intel. This team gets involved directly with TMG factories, giving us great opportunities in making a difference for Intel by combining our business acumen on manufacturing and our technical advantage from IT to deliver solutions and add value to Intel.
We are looking for a senior IT Software Development Engineer to become our Senior Staff Engineer to set technical direction and drive technical strategy for the team. This role will lead multiple Agile Persistent Team (or Scrum Teams) to deliver solutions with full stack software development, IoT solutions, data analytics, or a combination of any of the above that integrates different technologies to creatively solve business problems.
* Experienced in applying Agile DevOps model for application development including Scrum Processes, Test Driven Development, Continuous Deployment, Continuous Integration, Automated Build, etc.
* Proficiency with one or more Biz Intelligence or Data Science related programming or scripting languages such as R, SQL, SAS, Python, JMP, SQL PathFinder, machine learning, image analytics.
* Strong intrinsic problem-solving skills, ability to structure and solve problems and conduct and interpret analysis independently, with demonstrated analytic and quantitative skills.
* Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills to drive strategy technical direction.
* Teamwork: Work well with others and demonstrate strong team player behavior.
* Analytical Skills: Able to recognize the needs of customers, and create new applications that answer those needs.
* Creativity: Invent new ways of approaching problems and developing innovative applications.
* Attention to Details: Applications have many parts and all must work together for the application to function.
* Problem-Solving: Able to make decisions that move the project forward.
* MS/BS degree in a computer science and data science fields or related discipline (Computer Science, Statistics, Software Engineering, Data Science, etc.)
* 10+ years of working experience in application development.
Inside this Business Group
Intel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.
Intel is a developer and manufacturer of microprocessors and other semiconductor components.