Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
The Cvent Administrator will report directly to the Technology Lead within Process Excellence. This role has the overall responsibility for our overall meetings management tools, currently Cvent. This individual will provide strategic consultation and solutions for implementing and making enhancements to our Cvent platform as well as deliver tactical maintenance enhancements such as refinement requests in support of our evolving business. This role will also lead and execute any new local market implementations and develop and deliver training in support of our user base.
Technical & Operational Expectations
* Champion opportunities to continuously improve the quality of the experience * Deliver service improvements to enhance the customer experience across our programme * Influence the approach to gain support from the wider team to deliver proposed improvement via appropriate channels, processes and communication * Partner with technology reporting lead to develop appropriate SLA and KPI reports out of the system * Liaise with Operational Management team to ensure meeting requirements from each region are represented as new innovative solutions are being assessed * Act as a consultant to new markets that come on board to determine the best approach to using the Cvent platform given their business needs * Drive implementation of new Cvent features that will be made available by determining the needs and the best approach to configuration and execution * Provide subject matter expertise for integration projects to ensure the correct solutions are being put in place and the process and system support the business needs * Manage the refinement request delivery process, including gathering requirements, executing analysis, providing potential solutions and estimated delivery times * Deliver tactical enhancements to refinement requests promote recommendations for others * Develop and provide updated training materials to all agencies as a result of refinement requests. * Manage the process to support meeting level requests submitted by the planning agencies
Service Mindset Expectations
* Take initiative and demonstrate a passion for delivering continuous improvement, service excellence and stakeholder value * Possess strong communication and influencing skills, where relevant insights are shared in a manner that influences decision making and enables achievement of stakeholders' objectives * Focus on the needs of stakeholders and customers. Respond promptly and with clarity to feedback. Strive to always meet or exceed client expectations
Education Minimum Requirement:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Required Experience and Skills:
* Minimum of 5+ years of experience in meetings or travel management; preferably in the technology space * Proficiency in Cvent, mobile meeting applications, and SharePoint * Previous experience in cross-functional projects, with global exposure * Constructively and continually challenges organizational norms, looks for creative solutions to deliver tangible improvements * Strong problem solving and decision-making skills * Experience driving change within an organization * Fluency in English
Preferred Experience and Skills:
* Strong international exposure, particularly with MSD offices/personnel globally and possess outstanding communication skills * Have a solid knowledge of most meeting types, be familiar with congresses/conventions, * Experience in defining and enforcing processes * Strategic Thinker: Ability to identify strategic needs with little or no direction, resource key projects and translate strategies into actions * Organizational Agility: Ability to work effectively in dynamic, rapidly changing, team-based environment * Influencer: Team player with proven ability to foster and manage working relationships in a matrix environment. Appreciation for other perspectives, coupled with the ability to successfully gain the support and buy-in from all levels of the company. * Open Communicator: Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with diverse groups of peers and strong business partners * Goal oriented and personally accountable; resourceful and self-directed * People management experience
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Procurement Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Hazardous Materials: None
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Merck is a healthcare manufacturer and distributor of pharmaceuticals.