Requisition ID: BIO005540
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world's premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we're doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck's leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
This position provides high quality statistical programming deliverables for global stakeholders in Early Development Statistics and in PK/PD Modeling and Simulation spanning all Merck therapeutic areas except early oncology. This position also provides programming support to pharmacogenetics/pharmacogenomics projects and biomarker projects. The statistical programmer will gather and interpret programming requirements, create analysis/modeling datasets, and develop tables and figures under the guidance of a senior level programmer. The position is a key collaborator with statisticians, modelers, and colleagues in other related function areas.
* Programmatically develop, validate and maintain analysis/modeling datasets, tables, listings, and figures at a protocol level
* Assure deliverable quality and compliance with departmental SOPs and good programming practices
* Ensure programmatic traceability from data source to analysis/modeling result
* Provide technical consultation and analytical support to early development statisticians for exploratory and unplanned statistical analyses
Education Minimum Requirement:
BA/BS in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Life Sciences, Engineering or related field plus 2-4 years SAS programming experience in a clinical trial environment
MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Life Sciences, Engineering or related field plus 0.5-2 years SAS programming experience in a clinical trial environment
Department Required Skills and Experience:
* Good interpersonal skills and ability to negotiate and collaborate effectively
* Effective written, oral, and presentation skills
* Knowledge and experience in developing analysis and reporting deliverables for research and development projects (data, analyses, tables, graphics, listings)
* Takes direction effectively and completes tasks at a project level; Ability to collaborate with key stakeholders
Position Specific Required Skills and Experience:
* SAS programming experience including data steps, procedures, SAS/MACRO, SAS/GRAPH
* Ability to quickly and effectively learn new program techniques and data structures
* Ability to comprehend analysis plans which may describe methodology to be programmed; understanding of statistical terminology and concepts
* Knowledge in CDISC SDTM and ADaM standards
* An interest to advance career by investing in development activities and taking on tasks with increasing levels of challenge and responsibility
Preferred Experience and Skills:
* Familiarity with clinical pharmacology concepts and pharmacokinetics concepts
* Experience with software like R, R Shiny, VBA, and NONMEM
* Good working knowledge of reporting processes (SOPs) and software development life-cycle (SDLC)
* Ability and interest to work across cultures and geographies
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Statistical Programming
Other Locations: Upper Gwynedd, PA, US
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Merck is a healthcare manufacturer and distributor of pharmaceuticals.