BNY Mellon's Pershing
When you choose to work with BNY Mellon's Pershing, you gain access to a wealth of resources and global team of experts dedicated to helping you grow your business. What truly distinguishes us is our commitment: we are personally invested in our clients' success. Pershing helps clients improve profitability and drive growth, create capacity and efficiency, attract and retain talent, and manage risk and regulation. With a network of offices worldwide, Pershing provides business-to-business solutions to clients representing approximately 7 million investor accounts globally. Pershing LLC (member FINRA, NYSE, SIPC) is a BNY Mellon company.
Pershing Technology - Managed Accounts Development team is seeking a Java Developer.
Sr. Specialist Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
* REST, micro-services
* Should be able to describe these paradigms along with pros and cons of each.
* Should be able to model proper REST services during a tech interview.
* JSON and the Jackson library
* Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring HATEOAS
* Java 8 and above.
* Language features specific to those versions. As a an example, it is very important that the candidate be intimately familiar with the Java Streams API and the Java Time API.
* Unit Testing with Mockito, PowerMock, Junit
* Java libraries like Guava, Apache Common Lang, Collections, BeanUtils, etc.
* Angular knowledge is definitely a requirement for any UI work.
* Unit testing frameworks for Angular ( e.g. Karma / Jasmine )
* Experience with messaging platforms and how they work: Kafka, IBM MQ, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ.
* Experience with SQL development
* Oracle, MS SQL Server, IBM DB2
* Familiarity with developing and deploying applications on a cloud computing platform.
* Service Discovery
* Any experience or knowledge of caching platforms would be a nice to have ( e.g. Hazelcast )
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Pershing Technology-HR06376
Requisition Number: 1905987
About Bny Mellon
The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (also known as BNY Mellon) is an investment company that provides investment management, investment services, and wealth management.