Key Job Functions:
* Supports production systems including system/data integrity, scalability, performance, high availability, security and version control/upgrades
* Practices Agile software development by working in cross functional teams to deliver high function applications to improve service delivery as well as the client online experience
* Acts as a liaison to one or more functional business partners to understand that area's business plan/strategic roadmap, helping deliver IT services to achieve desired goals and resolve issues in a timely manner
* Lead multiple development teams with focus on optimizing processes and technologies.
* Enhance the culture of the team and drive performance management, adoption of agile methodology , collaboration .
* Recruit, motivate and build strong teams with a strong Technical acumen
* Develop high performance software applications
Sr.Group Manager, Appl Development->> Manages multiple application development projects for one or several business segments, including all phases of the systems development and implementation process. Provides analysis, design, development, testing and ongoing support for the client area application systems in an environment of diverse development platforms, computing environments, software, hardware, technology, tools, etc.. Works collaboratively with business partners on technology solutions that have a significant revenue or cost impact, oversees the development and implementation of multiple application systems and identifies resource requirements to ensure 'best practice' development techniques. Works collaboratively with business partners in defining, developing, and implementing technology solutions that have impact on improving the business. Oversees the development and implementation of multiple application systems. Defines resource requirements and allocations, monitors and improves quality, and ensures 'best practice' development techniques. Ensures the availability, integrity and stability of production systems by identifying appropriate resources to manage all systems and having a process in place to respond quickly to problems. Manages and forecasts operating budget within the approved plan.Communicates timely and accurate project-related information to relevant parties.Acts as an advocate for change management, encourages innovation and creativity in technology solutions.Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Manages multiple development teams. Contributes to the achievement of multiple teams' objectives. Advanced degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required12 + years of experience in systems analysis and program development with related supervisory, management and administrative experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Advanced degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required12 + years of experience in systems analysis and program development with related supervisory, management and administrative experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
* In-depth working experience on Java/J2EE Technologies, experience in developing componentized (Microservices) applications using REST APIs; experience in migrating applications from Mainframe to Java/J2EE technologies would be desirable; knowledge of applying Design patterns, must be conversant with Big data concepts.
* Knowledge of developing applications using Angular JS and HTML5, and REST API technologies
* Working knowledge of DevOps software - Maven, Jenkins, Grunt, Git And Karma, Protractor, Junit testing
* Large programs leadership experience using Agile , incremental and waterfall lifecycle * Strong IT background in both Development and Support
* Extensive people leadership skills
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Florham Park
Internal Jobcode: 45331
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Pershing Technology-HR06376
Requisition Number: 1817322
About Bny Mellon
The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (also known as BNY Mellon) is an investment company that provides investment management, investment services, and wealth management.