Requisition Number: 155605
Position Title: Solutions Architect
What does the EA IT Employee Experience Engineering Team do?
Electronic Arts is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company's game franchises are offered as both packaged goods products and online services delivered through Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, and tablets. EA has more than 300 million registered players and operates in 75 countries.
Our team, the Employee Experience group is a new central technology team that is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining application and data services as well as enterprise mobile applications that support all employees throughout EA. Our goal is to produce high-quality service and mobile solutions that help each and every EA employee do their job and contribute to the goal of EA making the world's greatest games.
What will you be doing?
We're hiring an Employee Experience Senior Solutions Architect. This person will join an elite, global team of product and project managers and development teams who focus on delivering technology solutions to EA employees. Their mission is to improve the employee experience by understanding the way EA employees work so that they can give them the best tech solution possible. The Employee Experience Senior Solutions Architect will transform the way our global team works via technology. They will manage product roadmaps, feature prioritization, project delivery, and technical solution architecture for both custom and packaged products in the Employee Experience Tech portfolio.
What do we expect from the Principal Solutions Architect?
Senior Solutions Architect plays the key role of the technical project lead who organizes development tasks/efforts and drives the underlying technical vision throughout the implementation. Senior Solutions Architect is responsible for the conversion of business requirements into technical architecture and design that will be the blueprint for the implementation of the full solution (including front-end applications and back-end services).
* Technical Product Management
* Bridges the gap between business problems and technical solutions including:
* Evaluating and Identifying the best suitable solution (framework, platform, and/or technical stack) among all possible to solve the existing problem
* Providing technical specifications and components for custom (built) solutions as well as packaged (bought) solutions
* Determining risks of packaged/3rd party solutions/platforms such as feature/vendor lock-in and extensibility via API integrations.
* Balancing architectural concerns of the solution with enterprise considerations such as scalability, security, monitoring and maintenance/support.
* Work with product management and stakeholders to define technical product, program, and platform strategy, features, short term, and long term goals
* Align with Product Management to create product roadmaps and outline product and program visions
* Clearly define trade-offs and work around organizational constraints to drive product decisions.
* Use data creatively to communicate product vision, ideas and concepts to influence stakeholders
* Integrate user research, usability studies, analysis and prototyping into requirement gathering to enhance user adoption and satisfaction
* Lead with empathy to drive understanding of thinking patterns and perspectives of EA employees
* Lead and inspire the team to make sure you (as a group) do "should", rather than the "could"
* Define, monitor, and analyze metrics for launched products and feed that analysis back into the product development process
* Participate in product release planning; including story definition, backlog refinement, acting as a customer proxy and providing support for testing
* Project management skills
* Ability to accurately forecast development levels of effort and create detailed project plans to ensure on-time project delivery
* End to End Program Management
* Work with product management and experience design to perform program management activities for key technology initiatives
* Validate and/or create a project budget and track internal and external project costs
* Set and manage user/customer expectations throughout the project lifecycle
* Ensure project delivery using both Agile and Waterfall methodologies as appropriate
* Proactively manage issues and risks to resolution
* Communicate status and requests to Steering Committee, other project teams, and CIO staff
* Manage the knowledge transfer from the project team to support teams and ensure solutions are stable and supportable
* Conduct project post-mortem reviews and project closure
* Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements
* Relationship Management and Domain Knowledge
* Build great working relationships within the EA employee community
* Understand our business partners and how to engage the broader community for common goals
* Understand our domain area to manage programs more effectively
* Use a positive approach to get collaborative work done
* Business Analysis
* Work with product management to document user stories and business requirements for products and projects and translate those into technical architectures and roadmaps.
* Measure delivery against business requirements
* Be responsible for change management and communication to the EA community
* Technical Skills
* Understanding of cloud platform services (AWS, Azure, Google GCP)
* Experience architecting and developing with AWS Lambda, Serverless, Docker
* Python and Node.js development experience
* Knowledge of identity and access management solutions and models (SSO, SAML, WS-Fed, provisioning, recertification, SCIM, OAuth, Kerberos)
* Experience implementing and managing SSO solutions (Okta, NetIQ, Oracle, Sailpoint, Dell One, etc…)
* General knowledge of the following technologies
* Active Directory Forests and LDAP
* MySQL / SQL, MySQL / MariaDB
* Networking (routing, load balancing, firewalls, TCP/IP, UDP)
* SSH / SCP
* Windows and Linux server management
* Understanding of architecture models and paradigms (e.g. TOGAF, SOA, function-oriented architecture)
* Ability to generate Technical Documentation, Architecture and Workflow Diagrams.
* Proficient with Visio, OmniGraffle, and other diagram tools
* Proficient with Confluence for documentation and documentation
* Proficient with Jira for implementation tasks, enhancements, and issues tracking
* Basic understanding of machine learning and AI concepts and solutions
* Excellent technical troubleshooting skills
* Experience architecting and developing applications and services
* Good understanding of IT security principles
If you're interested in this role, you'll need:
* A balanced mix of business and technical skills to work with Product Managers (on business requirements and roadmap) Experience Designers (validating the technical feasibility and implementation of proposed designs) and Technical Architects (on architecture, implementation, and strategic direction).
* Ability to lead solutions for custom, packaged, and hybrid products.
* Strong project management and implementation experience.
* Excellent people and process skills to effectively coordinate with different teams such as engineering, security, quality assurance, product and operations/support.
* Proven experience in product management for a similar portfolio of work
* Track record of planning and delivering cost-effective results
* Proven project management skills with the ability to multitask, delegate, and prioritize tasks
* Proven ability to evaluate and manage risk
* Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation skills to be able to explain complex problems in layman's terms.
* Ability to find ways to effectively communicate with different types of audience such as end users, executive stakeholders, and technical teams.
* Strong interpersonal, conflict resolution, and customer service skills
* Ability to manage and adhere to plans, budgets, and variances within the IT function
* Ability to balance the pressures of a fast-paced project environment with the need for a fun, productive group and environment
* Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing business models and Organization structures
* Travel when required (>25%, international and domestic)
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Solutions Architect
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-05-02 18:54:10.127
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US
About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts is a company that develops, markets, publishes, and distributes games, content, and services for game consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, and tablets.