Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
Senior Software Engineer - VP
Req #: 190061356
Location: Jersey City, NJ, US
Job Category: Technology
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
We work on the most critical problems and figure out how to add value. Our software developers are self-driven, creative problem solvers who embrace every opportunity to learn and grow as professionals. We aren't just coders writing code - we are software professionals who are passionate about software craftsmanship and delivering solutions. We use industry best practices to work with our business partners to deliver the right business value. Pair Programming, Automated Testing, Refactoring, and Continuous Delivery are deeply embedded in the way we work.
Who we are looking for:
Data developers who are independent, inventive problem solvers willing to embrace every opportunity to learn and grow as software professionals. Individuals with a strong computer science or related engineering background, who enjoy pair programming, recognize the value of end to end testing, and are willing to learn new technologies and languages. Most importantly, we look for individuals that have a passion for learning, continuous improvement, and team collaboration.
* Responsible for the design, development, testing, integration, operation and support of infrastructure services that meet stated business requirements and adhere to coding best practices and architecture standards
* Adheres to architectural design standards, risk management and security policies, data management policies, leading presentations in architecture review, strategic technology directions, best practice development (e.g., estimating models), mentoring less experienced team members, code reviews
* Responsible for all elements of Software Development Lifecycle
* Develops integration elements, data models, Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
* Assists in the building of open 3rd-party Software Development Kits (SDKs)
* Works as a team lead or technical lead or technical coach to members of a team developing software solutions
* Ability to handle more advanced technical problems and create solutions that solve business problems
* Independently solves technical issues and able to collaborate and contribute ideas
* Integrates enterprise components (e.g., reference data, security, messaging) to build larger systems
* Fully analyzes problems, design, develop and test the code
* Collaborates with multiple teams including engineering, development and operations teams
* Provides balanced decisions in technical design and architecture
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Expertise in programming with Python or Java, PySpark, and Hadoop
* Significant experience in both Systems Engineering and Software Development
* Proficient in at least one of the infrastructure disciplines and functions:
* Internals of distributed Operating System (Unix/Linux, Windows, Z/OS) internals
* Systems programming
* Data pipelining
* Network programming
* Experience in large scale software development in one or more of the programming languages (Python, Java, Scala)
* Enterprise scale and resiliency
* Experience in system and software security and entitlements (SSO, Windows, Kerberos, LDAP, Windows AD)
* Modern compute technologies (e.g., virtualization,cloud)
* Experience with Agile development process and automated testing
* Experience working across large infrastructure environments and distributed across multiple data centers
* Experience in end-to-end systems automation and orchestration
* Experience in Systems and Application monitoring systems and instrumentation
* Deep experience in messaging systems, such as MQ. Kafka experience a strong plus
* Experience with NoSQL data stores such as a Cassandra a strong plus
* Experience in building ML/Data Science based applications is preferred
* Strong computer science fundamentals
* A passion for building software, and a long term career, as a software technologist
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 15 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Ready to use your expertise and experience to drive change? Apply today.
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.