Merchant Services - Product Shipping Lead
Req #: 190035170
Location: Lewisville, TX, US
Job Category: Product Management
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. JPMC serves nearly half of America's households with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. Customers can choose how and where they want to bank: 5,300 branches, 16,000 ATMs, mobile, online and by phone. For more information, go to Chase.com.
Merchant Services is the global payment processing business for JPMorgan Chase & Co. Merchant Services is the world's leading merchant acquirer with over $1 trillion in annual transaction volume in 2016. ChaseNet is a customized closed-loop proprietary payments platform, and Chase Pay is the firm's new digital wallet that makes mobile transactions simple, safe and rewarding. Merchant Services is a leading provider of payment, fraud and data security for companies large and small and capable of authorizing transactions in more than 130 currencies.
Merchant Services is investing in a global leadership position in the rapidly evolving payments landscape with an aggressive transformation agenda. This multi-year, firm-wide strategy will build customer-centric payments solutions for business clients. It's a unique opportunity to build a modern product suite on a cloud-based, big data platform at an enterprise scale. In addition, the agile operating model will co-locate product owners, designers, and engineers to rapidly bring-to-market new product features. As a result, this transformation team will leverage the power of the firm to help clients expand globally with speed, efficiency, and innovation.
To help drive the transformation, Chase is seeking a uniquely talented & proven Product Shipping Lead. This lead will own shipping for a solution suite, including end-to-end release plans, inspection / UAT, pre-/post-production validation, and "go/no go" of each product increment (PI).
This candidate will release product in a lean discipline that validates client value, product quality, user acceptance, and overall release readiness. The ideal candidate has led product release management and quality assurance (QA) in a large-scale, Agile environment. In addition, this candidate is deeply experienced in QA engineering (automation, Cucumber testing, triage, etc.), modern technology stacks (cloud, big data, microservices, API's, etc.), and software delivery models (Agile, Kanban, Lean, etc.). Finally, the ideal candidate is a highly-organized and self-motivated leader who delivers customer-obsessed products, manages a product release plan, flexibly adapts to internal & market forces, and has superior influencing / relationship management skills.
This position will succeed by shipping product that delivers stakeholder results, bug-free product releases, shipping KPI, time-to-market, delivery clock-speed, and OSAT/NPS for internal teams and partners.
* Manage product release planning, execution, & testing / validation
* Manage product testing framework, automation, & execution
* Conduct ongoing inspection / validation of client journey design & value intent
* Conduct end-to-end UAT of client solutions across product domains
* Conduct final validation in pre-production & post-production environments
* Identify potential roadblocks and develop recommendations for pre-release QA
* Ensure forward & backward compatibility of each product increment
* Publish & own overall product release governance across multiple program stakeholders
* Monitor product release performance with daily reports, monthly dashboards, and periodic stakeholder reviews
* Partner with teams (product, design, technology, risk, legal, compliance, ops, marketing, sales...) to manage controls, readiness, and go-to-market plans
* Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
* 2-5+ years in product development / release management / quality assurance (QA)
* 2-5+ years experience in Agile product delivery & software engineering; payments & merchant acquiring a plus
* 2-5+ years experience with modern technology stacks, including cloud, big data, microservices, API's, etc.
* Proven track record of managing QA & releases for complex, large-scale initiatives
* Proven track record of managing new product launches / transformations of mission-critical platforms
* Strong executive presence; comfortable interacting with and presenting to all levels of management
* Strong ability to analyze opportunities & problems, recommend solutions, and communicate effectively & confidently (both verbal and written)
* Strong influencing and partnership / collaboration skills to drive cross-functional teams
* Ability to productively work in a matrix management organization
* Positive, team-oriented attitude and inspiring leadership skills a must
* Travel requirement: approximately 25%
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.