Senior Software Engineer - Trust & Safety, San Mateo, CA
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We're the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable-across any device-reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We're looking for someone who's eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn't afraid to have some fun either. Someone who's ready to take Roblox-and their career-to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We've fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that's made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer - Trust & Safety who will help keep Roblox the worlds's largest and safest online playground. You will solve problems that have not been solved before.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Trust & Safety team, you will be responsible for large parts of Roblox's public and internal facing applications. You will be leading and contributing ideas to design and implement cutting edge features which will keep our players safe.
* Fluent in backend software development
* Focused on safety and always strive to understand the full specifications of a problem before acting
* Experienced with designing, developing, releasing, and maintaining large products at scale
* Always raising the technical bar for the team and identifying processes to improve the team
* A great communicator who can collaborate effectively across teams
* Help lead and build backend services across large distributed systems
* Own writing unit and integration tests
* Define, identify and resolve performance issues
* Provide guidance to help define next generation standards on the backend web and service stack
* Participate in building the world's best user generated gaming platform
* Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
* A rewarding 401k program
* Flexible vacation policy
* Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
* Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
* Annual CalTrain Go Pass
* A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox - Powering Imagination.
Roblox is a provider of a 3D creation, publishing, and gameplay platform that empowers players to create 3D models and games.