Front End Web Engineer
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We're the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable-across any device-reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We're looking for someone who's eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn't afraid to have some fun either. Someone who's ready to take Roblox-and their career-to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We've fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that's made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you'll ever meet.
As a Front End Web Engineer - you will work on a cross-discipline team to internationalize the Roblox platform and provide infrastructure so that all content on Roblox is discoverable and playable in every language. Your role will be incredibly high impact and will directly affect our tens of millions of monthly users. If you are an experienced and effective engineer who is passionate about building world class user experiences in a data driven environment, you'll be right at home on the growth team.
* Driven, with a development track record and 5+ years shipping high complexity code
* Experienced building extensive content driven websites with a focus on search engine optimization (SEO)
* Passionate about building world class user experiences
* Passionate about building world class user experiences with frameworks such as Angular and React
* Knowledgeable with compiled languages such as C#, Java, C++, or others
* Expert in common web application security issues
* Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, and monitored code
* Develop and continuously test user experiences that drive acquisition and increase engagement on the platform
* Deliver changes to the product to satisfy cultural differences or growth opportunities in new regions
* Build core internationalization and localization tools and infrastructure used by all engineering teams within Roblox
* Shape the next generation of patterns and technologies used by the front end stack at Roblox
* Own writing unit and integration tests
* Identify and resolve performance issues
* Participate in building the world's best user generated gaming platform
* Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
* A rewarding 401k program
* Flexible vacation policy
* Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
* Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
* Annual CalTrain Go Pass
* A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox - Powering Imagination
Roblox is a provider of a 3D creation, publishing, and gameplay platform that empowers players to create 3D models and games.