The Azure Observability Platform team are at the forefront of Microsoft's mission to create modern, customer-obsessed, data-driven systems. We own the platform that enables engineers to instrument their code and watch it running in the hands of real customers. Our systems are used by teams like Office, Windows, Xbox, Surface & HoloLens to power real-time data experiences and enable mission critical developer lifelines like crash dump collection & analysis. The work we do helps thousands of developers all around the world.
* 5+ years software engineering experience on a production service/product (C# / C++ / Java/ Python / Go)
* Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly
* Great design and problem solving skills, with a passion for quality
* Experience working with SAS platforms, e.g. AWS or Azure
* Experience working with Telemetry & Instrumentation Systems
Bonus points for:
* Experience with Large Scale "Big Data" systems (Hadoop, Azure Data Lake, Kafka, Event Hubs, Azure Streaming Analytics, Spark, etc.)
* Azure Storage & Messaging technologies
* Data Mining, AI & Machine Learning
* Team players with growth mindsets. We work together to help each other continually improve.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We are looking for top notch Software Engineers to join us as we evolve our state of the art data collection & processing systems. Successful candidates will have experience building high-scale, high-performance and high-reliability services. You'll get to use the latest technologies and work alongside a high caliber team of engineers. We are a modern, diverse engineering team with no shortage of opportunities to make a big impact on the way Microsoft and its customers do business.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.