Zynga is looking for an expert senior software engineer to join our growing team! Are you ready to put your ideas into the next generation of games that will be played instantly by millions?
As a Senior Engineer you'll develop and architect critical game components and systems that directly relate to the success of our games. We are committed to providing an exciting and challenging career, centered around developing high quality mechanics that scale! Come join us ... and make games for a living. We are having a ball!
Candidates will be developing primarily in a PHP, NoSQL and Amazon AWS based technology stack. Engineers work together with team members and jointly own the success of their features throughout the entire development pipeline. Stages include Design -> Architecture -> Development -> Testing -> Production Ramp. You will be joining a high quality team of talented individuals that are all committed to success.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Define, architect, & develop core engine components primarily in PHP
* Develop, innovate & integrate new technologies and tools (working with content teams)
* Create and work with data objects in relational and non relational storage models
* Optimize code & memory for high performance and low latency
* Scope out tasks and systems, looking for future improvements
* Help mentor other specialists in core language and technology struggles.
* You will be addressing critical issues on some of our biggest game titles. You must be able to write coherent, organized code and be able to work on a complicated code-base with high levels of abstraction.
* BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
* 5+ years industry experience as a Software Developer
* Strong Object Oriented design and architecture skills
* A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
* Excellent communication skills - particularly the ability to discuss timelines, design concerns and provide effective feedback to team members
* The following skills are considered strong plusses but are not required:
* Prior game development experience and/or experience in live ops situations
* Experience with GIT
* FaceBook and other related 3rd party SDK experience
* Experience with Amazon AWS and related technologies
What we offer you:
* Zynga RSUs, 401k match and Bonus Plan
* Full medical, dental, vision insurance benefits as well as life insurance
* Lunch catered daily - stocked snack areas
* Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
* Emergency child care support
* Active Employee Resource Groups - Women at Zynga, ZPride, ZParents and more
* Dog Friendly offices
* Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
* Open vacation policy for most employees, generous vacation for other
* Flexible working hours on many teams
* Gym Benefits
* Commuter benefits
* Casual dress every single day
* Culture of diversity and inclusion
* Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Zynga provides social game services and develops social games for smartphones, websites and social websites.