Zynga is seeking top engineering talent to join our creative, dynamic, and highly talented team. Our mission is to "Connect the World through Games" by building a truly social experience that makes the world a better place.
The Analytics Engineering team is responsible for all things data at Zynga. We are a 120+ team servicing 1500 others across 13 global locations and we own the full game and player data pipeline - from ingestion to storage to driving insights and analytics. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who has a devotion to software craftsmanship, an unwavering commitment to quality, and the desire to have their work seen by tens of millions of people worldwide. In this role, you will be responsible for the software design and development of best quality services and products to support the Analytics needs of a game. As a part of our Central Technology group you will focus on advanced technology developments for building scalable end-to-end services, which can be used by the various games.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Build and own data driven large scale backend services to be consumed by millions of mobile and web clients
* Support mobile SDKs for iOS, Android, and Unity used by all Zynga games, including Words With Friends, Zynga Poker, CSR2, and more.
* Design, code, and develop new features/fix bugs/add enhancements to large scale services consumed by mobile/web clients
* Follow engineering best practices towards ensuring performance, reliability, and measurability
* Work effectively with teammates, contributing to an innovative environment of technical excellence
* Provide production and integration support for products running in all our Games
You are a perfect fit if you have
* Bachelor's degree in CS, or a related technical discipline (or equivalent)
* A passion for the correctness of data
* A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
* A minimum of 4 years of professional experience in software development, backend service (Java, PHP, Go) or mobile (c++, c#) application development with hands on experience covering full stack
* Experience with containers (e.g Docker, Kubernetes) inside a cloud environment like Amazon's AWS
* Experience with API design and implementation at scale
* Experience working with networking protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, TCP/IP
* Experience working with storing and transporting formats such as JSON, Protobufs
* Experience operating AWS services is a plus
* Familiar with infrastructure provisioning tools (e.g Terraform, Chef)
* Proven ability to deliver work on time with attention to quality
* Exhibits strong software development qualities including the ability to drive creative and innovative solutions to complex problems, good technical judgement
* Excellent written and spoken communication skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
What we offer you:
* Zynga RSUs, 401k match and Bonus Plan
* Full medical, dental, vision insurance benefits as well as life insurance
* Gourmet created lunch created by ZCulinary daily - stocked snack areas
* Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
* Emergency child care support
* Active Employee Resource Groups - Women at Zynga, ZPride, ZParents and more
* Dog Friendly offices
* Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
* Open vacation policy for most employees, generous vacation for other
* Flexible working hours on many teams
* On-Site gym and fitness classes
* Commuter benefits
* Casual dress every single day
* Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
Zynga provides social game services and develops social games for smartphones, websites and social websites.