Responsible for developing, applying and maintaining quality standards for company products with adherence to both internal and external standards. Develops and executes software test plans. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results. Analyzes test results and recommends corrective actions.
As a member of the technical/process QA division, you will develop quality standards, control methods and theories to be utilized during manufacturing, testing and inspection to access product quality. Develop standards and procedures to provide quality guidance methods.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the job
As part of the SuiteCloud Development Framework (SDF) team you will have the opportunity to shape the future of a next-generation product on the SuiteCloud Platform. Our mission is to provide a state of the art SDLC experience on the cloud, enabling partners and NetSuite's own internal solutions group to automate and streamline their development processes and practices. We are the team that allows users to create and distribute applications on the NetSuite Platform.
Oracle NetSuite is looking for a Software Engineer in Test who is talented, technically savvy, and a natural leader to work with a growing and action oriented team of software engineers, test automation engineers, product managers, technical writers & UX designers to continue to advance this foundational component of the SuiteCloud Platform. In this role you will mentor and coach other engineers, contribute and uphold the engineering culture of the team by fostering clean-code and good testing practices, maintaining an environment of collaboration and continuous self-improvement, and ensuring a customer-focused, Agile approach to product development.
You will be responsible for assessing, proposing and implementing changes that improve our testing strategy, automation framework, and team efficiency. You will participate in the risk analysis process and, using best practices, propose mitigation plans that will involve test automation, performance, and exploratory testing to ensure a high quality product is delivered to our customers. A senior engineer who is already leading a team or clearly heading in that direction would be an ideal candidate.
* B.S. or Master's degree in computer engineering or equivalent
* 5 years' experience in software development and testing
* 5 years' experience with Java (C# or similar)
* 3 years SQL database experience, REST, XML technologies
* Understanding of distributed systems, HTTP, Internet protocols, web browsers
* Great problem-solving skills and ability to understand functional requirements
* Solid experience working with different Testing Tools and White box testing
* Solid experience with testing methodologies and techniques
* Experience coaching and mentoring other engineers
* Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
* Strength in organizational skills
* Agile (Scrum, SCRUMBan, Kanban, …) experience
* Previous experience building cloud applications or PaaS
* Understanding of cloud-based distributed software applications
* Valid work permit for USA
You bring fresh and new ideas and your very own unique point of view. You thrive in an environment of collaboration, welcome a healthy debate and embrace diverse points of view. You eagerly seek and give help. Curious and ambitious, you see an opportunity in every challenge. You are comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You enjoy reasoning over complex abstractions and building tools and frameworks that facilitate clean, reusable code and an enjoyable developer experience. You take active ownership for the team's code quality and hold a high bar for yourself and the team when it comes to product quality. You are always looking around the corner to anticipate project bottlenecks and blockers and take action to head these off. You understand the need to empathize with customers and seek opportunities to interact with, listen to, and learn from them. You challenge assumptions, investigate unknowns, and present findings clearly and confidently.
You must have an intimate, working understanding of modern web applications from database to user interface. A high-level of proficiency in SQL, Object Oriented languages as well as experience with database driven web applications is required. You must be proficient in design patterns and test driven development. Excellent communication skills in technical and non-technical contexts are required. You must have experience in working towards deadlines in a rapid development cycle and the ability to prioritize competing demands.
You recognize the importance of leadership and the impact it has in the product and people's lives. Your commitment to engineering professionalism drives you to take responsibility for your career, your commitments, your mistakes, the quality of your workmanship, and the output of your team. When the pressure mounts, you hold even tighter to the disciplines you know are right.
The SuiteCloud Platform group is a diverse family of smart, innovative, caring people invested in our customers and the community. We constantly seek to improve ourselves and strongly believe in "individual commitment to team effort". The SuiteCloud Platform is a key enabler in meeting the needs of an increasingly global and varied customer base. It serves as a PaaS for developers to build, store, share and deploy solutions tailored to specific industries and verticals, on top off NetSuite ERP - the #1 Cloud ERP.
What we offer
* Agile environment - "Small company" culture backed by a strong enterprise
* Strong professionals around you who will help to accelerate your growth
* Continuous career development: we actively encourage and celebrate internal promotions
* High-impact learning culture: free access to online learning platform and regular in-house training sessions and tech talks.
* Lunch & learns: share your interests with others and learn from them.
* Lots of fun activities: Curious about learning a new language? Interested in knitting? How about Poker nights?
* Many volunteer opportunities
* Diverse special interests groups that provide opportunities for networking and exchange of ideas across the company.
* Flexible PTO
* Excellent Bay Area location with 8 international cafes, full gymnasium, basketball court, swimming pool, etc
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.