Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Lead Front-End Developer - Content and Experience Cloud
For more information, please visit: https://cloud.oracle.com/en_US/content
Oracle Content and Experience Cloud (CEC) is one of the cutting-edge cloud services available in the Oracle Cloud suite of products. Oracle CEC is a cloud-based content hub that lets you manage your content and digital assets. It provides easy-to-use design and collaboration tools to streamline the creation and delivery of your content to improve customer engagement. Content is at the heart of all marketing and sales efforts, and with Oracle CEC you can share, collaborate, process, and manage all your content securely, easily, and effectively.
The CEC development team is looking for a lead front-end developer with experience and passion for building delightful and intuitive end user applications using modern web development tools and methodologies. The front-end software developer will be responsible for designing and developing functionality that allows users to efficiently manage and collaborate on content stored within the CEC server, facilitate integration with other cloud-based applications both Oracle and 3rd party, as well as provide application building tooling that enables business users to create their own applications and experiences using reusable CEC UI technology.
This position requires a strong commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design and quality product. The ideal person must be a critical thinker who can efficiently solve problems and work well within a diverse team. You will contribute to team meetings and the overall engineering process. You will be diligent and coordinate multiple tasks within the team and thoroughly understand and participate in the entire software development life cycle.
Key Responsibilities - What you get to work on!
* Analyze and evaluate detailed business and technical requirements.
* Collaborate with developers, user experience/graphic designers and product managers to analyze and translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
* Code and maintain complex feature sets of the CEC platform UI
* Mentor fellow front-end developers on coding standards and help with code reviews
* Develop and perform system testing, fix defects identified during testing and re-execute unit tests to validate results.
* Identify performance bottlenecks and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues.
* Create necessary technical documentation including design specifications.
* Innovate with new ideas, research relevant tools and methodologies and implement proofs of concept.
* Work collaboratively with other Oracle product teams as consumers of CEC UI technology
* Deliver reliable and valuable solutions repeatedly on a periodic release cadence
* Adopt Oracle agile development methodology and actively participate in product evolution including: sprint planning, daily stand-ups, iteration review, and retrospectives.
* Work collaboratively with the broader CEC development organization in a fast paced and innovative and continuously evolving enterprise level cloud service
* Provide production level support for cloud delivered solutions
Required Qualifications - Do you have the following experience?
* BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field is must
* At least 8 years of experience as a front-end software development engineer
* Experience with Web services / REST API
* Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git and SVN
* Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Secondary Qualifications OR Nice to Haves!
* Responsive and Adaptive Design
* Web Site/Application Security
* Web Accessibility Design
* Knowledge of web page performance and analytics techniques
* Knack for writing clean, readable, reusable and easily maintainable code
* Flexible and willing to adapt to evolving priorities and requirements
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Developing solutions for use in mobile applications
* Experience with Digital Asset Management, Enterprise Content Management, Web Content Management, EFSS, Messaging/Social applications
* Comfortable expressing Product/Engineering opinions and backing them up with supporting data
* Ability to research, learn and become proficient in new technologies quickly as is required to master new problem spaces
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.