Would you like to part of a small, energetic, and talented, startup-like team? Do you want to work on the latest technologies, to solve major engineering challenges and radically change the security and privacy landscape for cloud computing? Are you passionate about open source development?
We are Azure Confidential Computing (ACC) team. Our team plays a key leadership role in Azure by driving confidential computing technologies, solutions and strategy. We are seeking out software engineers to design and develop a new security platform for protecting sensitive customer data in cloud environments. You will have an opportunity to contribute across the stack including developing security infrastructure, defining developer experiences and building secure services to provide provable confidentiality and privacy guarantees to customers. This position requires excellent software development skills and familiarity with core hardware/software security concepts including cryptographic primitives and protocols.
* 6+ years of commercial software development experience using C/C++.
* BS in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
* 2+ years of experience working in security domain.
* Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
* Experience with Trusted Execution Environments (TEEs) e.g. Intel SGX, ARM TrustZone.
* Familiarity and track record of contributions to open source projects.
* Strong aptitude in architecting, designing, developing, debugging, and delivering excellent products.
* Demonstrated grasp of crypto basics and common security protocols.
* Experience developing for hardware/firmware/OS security.
This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Design and develop security infrastructure, APIs, Protocols and services for the cloud.
* Prepare and present detailed, written technical information for internal and external audiences.
* Collaborate effectively across groups and teams worldwide.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.