Be a part of the digital transformation revolution! The Internet of Things (IoT) is changing the business landscape and Microsoft has emerged as a leading innovator in this field. The Azure IoT team is building platforms, solution accelerators and SaaS offerings to support a commanding share of the 20 billion IoT devices predicted to be connected and sending data by the end of this decade.
The Azure IoT Strategic Engagements Team, comprised of customer and partner facing software engineers, program managers, and architects within the Azure IoT engineering organization, is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with deep expertise and track record on designing and implementing scalable, resilient and high-performance cloud services for the Internet of Things (IoT) space.
As a member of the team you will get the opportunity to work with and influence the largest and highest scale IoT solutions on the Azure Platform, shaping the future of Azure IoT service offerings. This role requires deep IoT Experience, Line of Business domain knowledge, technical cloud aptitude, and world class execution and communication skills.
The ideal candidate for this position will have demonstrated design and implementation experience with Azure or other public clouds in the IoT space with a passion for working directly with customers leading technical discussions and design sessions at any level of seniority. They will be able to drive key decisions on architecture and implementation. Success in this role also depends heavily on collaboration with generalists and specialists within the team and in Microsoft field and delivery teams (Microsoft Consulting and Microsoft partners).
* 8+ years of software delivery experience including architecture and coding
* Deep technical knowledge of cloud architecture and services (PaaS and IaaS) on either Azure, AWS or GCP
* Hands on experience with architecting, designing and developing distributed or cloud solutions with significant scale, volume, and complexity
* Depth skills in at least some of the most common Azure Services and APIs, coupled with an ability to learn others quickly
* Depth skills and experience building software on top of at least one modern cloud execution/orchestration environment (Kubernetes, Service Fabric, Cloud Foundry etc.)
* Solid engineering fundamentals
* Results driven with strong analytical and communication skills with the ability to articulate key design decisions and trade-offs
* Excellent team collaboration skills, and customer obsession. Unwavering commitment to shared team goals
* Understanding of cloud fundamentals for secure, performant and scalable online services
* Aptitude and hunger to learn and adapt to the ever-changing cloud technology spectrum across multiple platforms
* Deep understanding of IoT including common patterns and challenges in related solutions
* Experience with micro services design patterns and orchestration options
* Hands on experience managing mission critical workloads in a production environment
Demonstrated ability to engage customers and partners to understand business needs and priorities before structuring a path forwardAbility to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com
This Strategic Engagements Technical Delivery role is focused on:
* Engaging with Microsoft's most important customers and partners to ensure their IoT solutions are designed, built, and deployed successfully on Azure
* Enabling organizations to realize the true benefit of Azure IoT for business-critical workloads
* Identifying solution patterns, gaps, whitespace, limits and adoption barriers and driving this feedback into the feature teams to continuously improve the public offerings
* Building cloud based IoT solutions with our most ambitious customers to help them succeed on complex projects
* Assist the customer during their implementation of architectural best practices through hands-on support of critical, complex or high-risk concepts across the breadth of the Azure platform
* Working with Microsoft Azure engineering product teams and field teams to internalize customer requirements, design and review solutions, and deploy these into pilots, proof of technology/concept and production environments
The role is a technical, customer facing role, accountable for accelerating and unblocking innovative IoT solutions on behalf of the Azure IoT engineering product team. Helping our largest customers is only one piece of the role. This role presents a great opportunity to have direct impact on IoT product strategy, and our customers' success. As a critical part of engineering it is our charter to drive measurable change back into Azure services, having a clear impact on product roadmap and deliverables. We do this by turning customer challenges and opportunities into improvements to the Azure cloud platform. Our team is instrumental to ensuring Azure IoT is well-aligned with the most compelling IoT workloads and scenarios.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.