The Bethesda.net team is seeking a talented senior software engineer to contribute to the Bethesda Softworks Digital Publishing Platform. This role focuses on feature development related to online game services, such as Game Stats, Leaderboards and Matchmaking.
For service development, you will mostly use Python or Go, and we have a strong focus on AWS Managed services to accelerate development. However, other solutions are adopted as needed (open source preferred). Our systems are running at scale 24x7, and all engineers participate in architecture discussions, live support, and our continuous improvement processes.
We are always exploring ways to improve our scale, reliability, and efficiency, and engineers are expected to learn and support new technologies, as well as propose new solutions that solve observed problems.
* Guide the technical development of complex features under the direction of a Technical Lead
* Write clean, maintainable code that is scalable, reliable, and observable
* Support systems in a 24x7 environment including troubleshooting, hot fixing, and root cause analysis
* Actively provide code review and feedback for other developers
* Learn new technologies and programming languages as needed
* Ensure consistency with security policy standards and security plan
* Understand and define infrastructure as code to support systems developed
* Collaborate with other engineers and engineering teams to deliver high quality, complex systems - this includes Ops Infra, Security, QA, NOC, and Game Developers
* Coach and mentor engineers
* Other duties as assigned
* 5 years of experience as a software engineer
* Possess a strong technical background and deep knowledge of software engineering principles, exceptional problem solving, design, programming, and testing skills
* Experience with version control systems (Github preferred)
* Experience supporting live systems at very high scale
* Customer focused design of APIs and integration requirements; make integration easy
* Experience integrating online services
* Good working knowledge of message brokers (Kinesis, NATS, SQS), Databases (DynamoDB, MongoDB) and caching technologies (Memcached/Redis)
* Deep understanding of Python and how it operates under challenging conditions
* The desire to learn new languages and technology
* A pragmatic approach to providing engineering solutions that solve business needs
* Excellent written and verbal skills
* Strongly desire Golang experience
* Strongly desire experience building cloud infrastructure and operating live systems
* Experience working with microservices architecture
* Experience with RPC protocols including gRPC and jRPC
* Experience with Tornado
About Zenimax Media
ZeniMax is a media company connecting game developers, artists, designers, programmers, and talents to create entertainment content.