Our mission is to build the world's most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in communities across the U.S. navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We're hiring people who want to solve some of today's most complex problems and make a positive impact on the world.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer - Game Engine to join our Simulation team. Help us create a virtual world with realistic behavior for cars, pedestrians, and motorcyclists.
What You'll Do:
* Design and implement core game engine systems and features
* Improve and enhance client-server architecture
* Create systems and components that are shareable among multiple simulation projects
* Design and implement the infrastructure to handle large scale simulations of realistic city, streetscapes, and scenarios
* Work on the networking layer for the game engine, enabling client-server communications
* Design and implement gameplay systems such as AI, character controls, pathfinding
* Work on large scale simulation systems such as traffic management, weather
* Demonstrated proficiency in writing modern C++
* 5+ years of experience in games working on core systems
* Experience building and shipping AAA games from start to finish
* Experience developing client-server architecture
* Experience making networked/multiplayer games with high requirements on availability
* Experience working on multiple hardware platforms
* BS, MS or PhD in CS, Graphics, Physics, or equivalent real-world experience
* Passion for self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
* Attention to detail and a passion for correctness
* Experience designing and documenting large-scale systems
* Unreal Engine experience
* Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
* Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
* Paid parental leave
* Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
* State of the art equipment for your work station
* Lunch, snacks, and dinner
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
About Cruise Automation
Cruise Automation is a self-driving car company that develops an autopilot system for existing cars.