We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people's lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We're building the world's most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Our Simulation team is responsible for building all of the tools we need to test and validate our autonomous vehicles performance and behavior before they go out on the road. That includes tools validating that our perception systems properly detect obstacles on the road, that our planning systems pick safe and efficient paths through the world, and that our controls systems can properly follow those plans.
We are looking for Software Engineers to build reliable, sophisticated simulation tools for autonomous vehicle software development, benchmarking, and testing. Help us create a custom virtual world used by multiple teams on a daily basis, and accelerate the development of our AV software.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
* Design and implement our simulation and replay testing frameworks
* Work closely with vehicle engineering to enable real time vehicle communication and feedback
* Optimize the performance of the simulations
* Interact with our QA & Autonomous Vehicle engineers to implement new features and improve the usability of our tools
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
* Experience writing production code in Python or C++
* Experience designing and deploying complex systems
* BS, MS or PhD in CS, Math, Physics, or equivalent real-world experience
* Passion for self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
* Attention to detail and a passion for correctness
* Experience with ROS, path-planning or controls theory
* Experience working with Docker development and deployment workflows
* Experience installing, configuring, and managing AWS or on-premises server infrastructure
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
* The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
* Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
* Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
* Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family's fleet
* Health and Wellness reimbursement
* Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
* State of the art equipment for your work station
* Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Cruise Automation is a self-driving car company that develops an autopilot system for existing cars.