Rally Health is all about putting health in the hands of the individual. It's our mission, and it drives everything we do, which is to empower people with easy-to-use online and mobile tools that help them take charge of their health and health care, from improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits, and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere dedication to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to innovating continuously at every level. We know that some of the things we do are not going to work, and that's okay. We're not trying to build something that is churn and burn. We're building something that supports people over their lifetime. As Rally Health founder and CEO Grant Verstandig says, "We get to do amazing work every day that directly impacts the lives of millions of people for the better."
What is Health Solutions?
Health solutions help people get healthy, stay healthy, and manage their conditions with a personalized experience that identifies the best program or plan for their needs. Our digital focus is fundamentally changing the health relationship with the consumer. We are addressing three major areas:
* Wellness and Wellbeing - Understand a consumer and their health risk factors to recommend personalized activities which improves their health through exercise, diet, and other lifestyle changes.
* Digital Coaching - Self-paced behavior change combining online learning, activities, and access to coaches via digital communications.
* Digital Therapeutics - Clinically validated digital first programs targeting at-risk populations.
Health solutions are available on web and mobile. Over 50 million consumers have access to our solutions. Our engineers are passionate about building an end-to-end experience that is seamless, performant, and scales to millions of users. If you share a similar passion for technology and are looking to solve hard practical problems, come join us!
What is Rally Tech Stack?
At Rally Health we are viewed as an engineering driven company, where our technology is modern and agile. We host our microservices based distributed systems in the public cloud (AWS). Automated processes drive and maintain our quality at the highest level. Some key technologies used are: Angular, React, Scala, Play, Akka, Kafka, Spark, HDFS, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Docker, Mesos, Marathon and Jenkins.
* Senior Software Engineer- 5+ years prior work experience. Principal Software Engineer- 8+ years prior work experience.
* Architect, build and ship highly scalable systems, libraries, and frameworks
* Building features that are lightweight and fast for the user
* Work closely with product managers to understand the features, do technical assessment and costing, design, code, test and deliver
* Write high performance production quality code
* Support live-site with production debugging and track down root causes and fix them in systematic ways
* Experience with modern JS libraries and frameworks like Angular and React
* Command of Scala, or command of Java or C# with a strong interest in learning Scala
* Experience with distributed systems and application design in a SOA environment
* Knowledge of high-scale performance and optimization tools and techniques
* Knowledge of database concepts (both NoSQL and RDBMS)
* Strong knowledge of computing concepts including API design, crafting, fault tolerance, highly available and scalable distributed systems, multithreaded programming, performance tuning, and security
* Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
* BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
Why join Rally? On top of an innovative work atmosphere and a chance to help people change their lives, we offer competitive pay, daily catered lunches, and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). In addition, offer the ability to grow, while truly making an impact in the healthcare system.
Rally Health is committed to ensuring that its workforce reflects America's diverse population. Rally Health knows that such diversity will enrich us with the talent, energy, perspective and inspiration it needs to achieve its mission. Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people based on merit and commitment to the principles of diversity. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application and/or review process should notify Talent Acquisition (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Rally Health
Rally Health is a company providing personalized data-driven information and recommendations.