Metromile is the leading pay-per-mile car insurance company in the U.S. We're disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category by offering an entirely new type of insurance that charges customers based on the miles they drive. We believe paying for what you use is more fair and more affordable. With pay-per-mile car insurance, low-mileage drivers see huge savings. We also believe in the power of data science and machine learning to make car insurance better and less complicated.
We're proud to say that Metromile has been named on Glassdoor's Best Place to Work in their 2018 Employees' Choice Awards list for the second year in a row!
About the role
* Build robust single page applications using TypeScript, Angular, modern libraries and tooling
* Work as a part of small cross-functional team on high-impact projects
* Collaborate closely with product and design teams to build new features and beautiful interactive interfaces in mobile and desktop environments
* Build reusable front-end interfaces with various levels of abstraction
* Help architect a modular and easily maintainable application infrastructure using sensible and appropriate technologies
* Facilitate quality by writing unit tests and participating in code reviews
* 5+ years of hands-on development experience working on single-page web applications
* Experience with Angular, React, Vue or other modern component-based frameworks
* Understanding of browser internals and DOM
* Sensibility towards design and UX
Nice to Have :
* Hands-on development experience working on consumer-facing products
* Understanding of web performance
* Proficiency with CSS pre-processors like Sass
* Frontend tools like Webpack, Gulp, Karma, Jasmine, and Protractor
What's in it for you
* Competitive salary plus equity
* Robust benefit options (health, dental, vision, 401K)
* Transportation and well-being benefits
* Generous parental leave
* Catered lunches and a fully stocked kitchen
* Social events
* Mac equipment and adjustable workstations
Metromile is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
MetroMile is a variably-priced, pay-per-mile car insurance provider that charges customers for the actual miles they drive.