Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Senior Software Engineer position with the Oracle CX Unity product in Oracle Customer Experience (CX) suite.
Oracle CX Unity brings together online, offline, and third-party customer data sources to create a single, dynamic view of the customer. With built-in artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning, Oracle CX Unity derives and delivers timely intelligence about your customers so you can optimize their brand experience across marketing, sales, and service. Embedded within Oracle Customer Experience Cloud, Oracle CX Unity is open and extensible for integrating actionable intelligence into partner and ecosystem applications for the fastest time to value.
Learn more about the product at https://www.oracle.com/applications/customer-experience/platform/cx-unity.html
The ideal candidate must have full stack web application design and development experience with passion for solving complex and interesting problems in the area of systems integrations and high volume data processing.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Successful delivery of high quality web software (requirements, design, code, documentation, etc.)
* Roughly 85% hands-on coding
* Work with an architect team to design product features and participate in design decisions
* Contribute to early quality activities, including peer reviews of estimates, designs and code
* Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
* Partner effectively with all team members to deliver against commitments
* Work cross-functionally with various teams: product management, QA/QE, various product lines, or business units to drive forward results
* Commitment to team success and positive team dynamics
* BS/MS/PhD in computer science or equivalent work experience
* 5 years experience developing web or other software
* Experience with Java/J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, JMS, Test NG, relational databases and SQL
* Experience designing/implementing high performance Web services using REST
* An understanding of unit testing & Test Driven Development
* Experience with Agile Development/SCRUM
* Excellent problem solving skills with a history of superb delivery against assigned tasks
* Outstanding partnership skills
* Having Big Data experience is a plus
Oracle is a computer technology corporation developing and marketing computer hardware systems and enterprise software products.