Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The SQL Execution group within Data Warehouse and Big Data cloud service technology plays a key role in building advanced analytics in the database. It is responsible for the following areas:
* SQL extensions for expressing Complex analytic calculations
* Efficient execution of Business Intelligence queries
* Optimizations that takes advantage of new on-disk and in-memory storage formats and hardware caching characteristics to improve join, aggregation, sort, window and hierarchical query performance. We build and enhance new access and filtering structures, such as, bitmap index, bloom filters, query duration temporary tables, zone map and
automated data clustering to accelerate query performance.
The group has been defining important analytic extensions to SQL since Oracle 8i. We cooperate with other database vendors to standardize our SQL extensions so that they are adopted quickly. We are responsible for developing innovative algorithms for optimizing and executing the proposed extensions in the RDBMS kernel. Many of our algorithms have been patented and our work has been published in major conferences. We incorporate scalability in the new SQL operators we introduce. The group has significant research focus
for Big Data and data on Hadoop, HDFS and No SQL DBs. This includes social graph mining using SQL with novel algorithms for parallelization of graphs searches, new join methods for time-based data, discovery of patterns in sequences of events, etc.
Group Publications in major conferences:
* Dimension based data clustering and zone maps, VLDB, Munich, Germany
* Continuous Queries in Oracle RDBMS, VLDB, Vienna, Austria
* Query Result Caching in Oracle, VLDB, Vienna, Austria
* Query by Excel, VLDB, Trondheim, Norway
* Optimizing Refresh of a set of Materialized Views, VLDB, Trondheim, Norway
* Data densification in RDBMS for OLAP, SIGMOD, Paris, France
* Spreadsheets in RDBMS for OLAP, SIGMOD, San Diego, USA
* Analytic Functions in Oracle, VLDB, Cairo, Egypt
Join an amazing team that won the SIGMOD database conference best paper award for its work on "Spreadsheets in RDBMS for OLAP".
You'll work on extensions SQL that makes it easy to express analytic calculations. You will work on scalable optimization and execution algorithms to process the query efficiently on big data with different data characteristics. One of the group new inventions is a new pattern matching extensions to SQL that have accepted to ANSI SQL proposal and have recognized by customers as one of most important advances in SQL in recent years.
Design, develop and trouble shoot new analytic extensions to SQL. Implement data structures and algorithms to accelerate query performance.
Ideal candidate has a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science with knowledge of SQL and query processing.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.