Come join the Consumer Group as a Senior Software Engineer. You'll be part of a team developing highly available, scalable, and secure orchestration and data services as part of a SaaS Platform to power and support core experiences using the latest technologies including cloud ready architecture and latest communication protocols. Our services are critical for Intuit and power the products used by tens of millions of Intuit's customers, including TurboTax, QuickBooks, Mint and Turbo.
The ideal candidate will have a strong SaaS background and demonstrated ability to work in collaboration with the engineering and business teams. You will join a cross-functional development team committed to building extensible, configurable service-oriented software. You will need strong experience with a Service-Oriented Architecture and technologies and bring an agile development mindset and expect to work in all disciplines of the software life cycle. This role will be directly responsible for design, development, testing, operationalization, maintenance, and documentation of high quality software components.
* Develop service-oriented software to drive web clients, mobile apps, prototypes, or proofs of concepts (POC's), aligning well with the product and Intuit ecosystem.
* Develop well-architected services, applications, prototypes, or proofs of concepts with ~90% hands on coding.
* Adopt and improve development processes, CICD process and continual evolution and improve of capabilities around quality and operation excellence.
* Hands-on with troubleshooting and root-cause analysis
* Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams including: product management, QA/QE, various product lines, and/or business units to drive forward results
* Act in a technical leadership capacity: Mentoring junior engineers, new team members, and applying technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems
* Identify and communicate best-practices
* Operational excellence expectations (handle escalations from care, IOC, log debugging, perf tuning, etc).
* Strong educational background with BS / MS in Computer Science or related area. High GPA is a plus; strong CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems.
* Ability to handle a fast paced environment for iterative project turnarounds on mission critical systems
* 5+ years' experience developing, maintaining, and innovating large scale SaaS platform to provide orchestration and data services to drive the experiences
* Expertise with Java/J2EE or related programming language.
* Strong Experience with Spring app development
* Experience with full stack development highly desirable
* Experience with GraphQL servers is a big plus
* Experience with Amazon AWS is a plus
* Experience with DynamoDB, Hive, Cassandra, Columnar Databases and Graph Databases is a plus
* Experience with DSL or language development is a plus
* Excellent communication capabilities to partner clearly with the rest of the team and ability to explain complex technical issues to myriad audiences.
* Lead internally by contributing to meetings, presenting, and mentoring
* Strong Test Driven Development/Automation mentality
* Business Acumen - strategic thinking & strategy development.
* Thinks up simple solutions to complex problems
* Experience with Agile Development and SCRUM.
* Demonstrate passion and ownership of the outcomes of your work.
Intuit is a company that provides business and financial management solutions for small businesses, consumers, and accounting professionals.