Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Our Capital Markets - Pricing Technology team in Herndon, VA is currently searching for a Senior Software Engineer with a passion for building customer-centric applications and take part in the Digital Transformation Initiatives for one of our Flagship products.
This group is responsible for building and deploying cutting-edge technologies to solve some of the mortgage industry's most complex problems. To achieve that, they are leveraging the best products in the open-source community, developing their own tools, and continually improving their products and practices over time through rapid iteration cycles.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
* In an Agile environment, participate with team of technical staff and business managers or practitioners in the business unit to determine systems requirements and functionalities needed in large/complex development project.
* Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised application.
* Assess and develop high level design requirements for project and communicate in writing and in meetings with development team. Assess detailed specifications against design requirements.
* Review coding done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development. Analyze application for data integrity issues.
* Serve as system subject matter expert
* Execute problem solving skills in troubleshooting issues and maintenance of large scale applications.
* Contribute to test protocols or plan for testing revised application and review test results.
* May mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
6 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
* At least 6 years' experience in software engineering using core Java, server-side Java technologies - Spring Boot, Spring Batch, Spring Cloud
* Strong understanding of all tiers and especially the middle-tier.
* In-depth understanding of OOP, design patterns and data structures
* Strong experience with Spring (Core, MVC, Security, Boot) framework and Hibernate object-relational mapping framework.
* Experience with UI frameworks such as Angular, Node.js, Backbone, and/or React.
* Experience with WebServices (REST/SOAP) and data formats like JSON and XML.
* Experience in Agile software development methods such as Scrum preferred.
* Experience with UNIX, LINUX scripting is a plus.
* Experience with SVN (Subversion), GitHub, Eclipse/STS, Maven, and Jenkins.
* Strong knowledge of relational Databases, Oracle SQL, stored procedures required.
Preferred or Bonus skills:
* Experience with AWS Native Services like ELB, S3, Lambda, and PostgreSQL
* Experience with Microservices Development
* Experience with CI/CD and Scaled Agile
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Fannie Mae
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit so people can buy, refinance, or rent homes.