Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Using mathematical models drawn from Economics, Statistics, probability theory, or pure mathematics, develop models of how existing or possible assets, products, derivatives, or markets might behave under varying conditions. Develop methods consistent with pertinent discipline for assessing the effects of different variables acting on the asset or market being examined. May develop tests or standards for judging the accuracy or predictive powers of the models being developed. May confer with capital market or product specialists to determine needs for analysis or to acquire empirical data to use in model building or validation.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
* Confer with business unit, risk management or other corporate office to determine what asset, transaction, process, or capital segment is to be subject to analysis using a model. May acquire data for use in developing and/or testing the model.
* Develop/refine/test model using established quantitative methods. Run against data provided by business unit or extracted from appropriate database.
* Using existing quantitative model or develop new model, to project performance of hybrid financial instruments such as derivatives. Apply model to empirical data from such assets and refine as needed.
* Prepare or play lead role in preparing model-driven analyses that enable management to make assessments of valuation of assets, asset performance, prospective cash flow, risk associated with classes of assets, and the like.
* Research financial model operating results for a particular business unit, product line and the like; provide data support and propose explanations for valuation models and changes over time.
* Develop new models for analyzing or assessing prospective cash flow, performance of assets, or risk associated with changing economic conditions for certain assets.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
* 4 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
* Knowledge of Operations Research, Data Science, Computer Science, Economics, Statistics, or other analytical field required.
* Ability to analyze data and build models using R, Python, or similar coding language required.
* Advanced degree preferred.
* Passion for solving a variety of problems using analytical techniques required
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Fannie Mae
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit so people can buy, refinance, or rent homes.