Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
The ideal candidate for this role would have hands-on experience in leading, driving, and executing on transformation projects. The product team is engaged in an effort to build an Angular based web application which will be hosted on AWS. The candidate would have a proven track record of developing green field applications; migration of applications from on-prem to cloud; and working with the full tool stack. This candidate would be a self-starter, who can engage in challenging conversations, drive decisioning, and develop MVP's to show incremental progress.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
* Building a release pipeline to enable fast, but safe delivery of critical business software to Production
* Developing DevOps framework and implement standards, processes, and controls for release and deployment activities
* Develop sound version control best practices based CM systems (Clearcase, SVN, GIT , etc.), including branching and merging strategies
* Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
* Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
* Leverage programming Languages such as Python, Ruby, Perl and Java
* Set up and configure a continuous integration environment.
* Architect and develop best practices for software build tools (Maven, ANT, Shell ) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Hudson), and infrastructure automation (VM Ware, Puppet, Chef, etc)
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
* 4 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
* 2 years of hands-on experience with AWS Cloud (IAM, EC2, ELB, Elastic Beanstalk, ACM, RDS, S3, LAMBDA, API Gateway, CloudFront, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB, Cloudwatch, ElastiCache).
* 5 years of Architecture, Design & Development of portal based applications
* 5 years of software development using JAVA, including Spring Boot, Hibernate, JPA
* 2 years of hands-on development experience in Angular 4
* Full stack experience including integrating databases, writing webservices, SQL
* Extensive knowledge of SAML, OAuth and Rest API to integrate middleware with Authentication and Authorization services
* Knowledge of Containerization of Middleware Platforms, Docker and hands-on experience on Kubernetes based Cloud Platforms (Openshift, Docker EE and IBM Cloud
* Knowledge and experience with CI/CD with knowledge of Git Hub, Maven and Jenkins.
* Excellent problem solving and verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to actively participate and contribute to design, planning and execution
* Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
* Continuous learner - proven skills development along the career path
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Fannie Mae
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit so people can buy, refinance, or rent homes.