As a Senior Software Engineer on our Big Data Platform team, you will become a catalyst to our real-time and data analytics platform activities. We collect and process an ever-increasing amount of crime-report data, telemetry, logs, as well as audio and video data. This data is generated by our customers, partners, and our devices worldwide. The team you would be joining will be enabling partner applications--both internal and external--to store, search, catalog, and analyze this data with the ultimate goal of enabling our customers to serve the public in the best ways possible.
* Participate in formal design, implementation, and review activities.
* Develop code for applications and services that are run in the Azure cloud environment.
* Create unit and integration tests, as well as automated testing solutions.
* Understand and implement best practices for designing and implementing cloud-based solutions, including relevant CI/CD pipelines, automated testing, and security best-practices.
* Analyze software requirements to create designs and implementations that are feasible within time and cost constraints.
* Able to participate in group discussions by expressing thoughts and ideas clearly and professionally.
* Maintain an approachable demeanor and a positive can-do attitude.
* Collaborate with team members, and members of other application teams, in order to find the solution that best fits the requirements.
* Experience designing and delivering large scale, 24/7, mission critical data pipelines and features using modern big data architectures
* Experience with stream-processing services such as Kafka, Spark Streaming, Azure Service Bus, RabbitMQ, etc.
* Strong analytical skills, with a passion for details.
* Experience with both RDBMS (MSSQL, MySQL, etc.) and NoSQL (Cosmos DB, MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc.) database systems.
* Demonstrated experience working in large-scale data environments, including real-time and batch processing requirements
* A willingness to use the right language and tools for the task at hand.
Motorola Solutions is a data communications and telecommunications equipment provider.