The customer team comprises Sales, Project Management, System Engineering and System Technologist personnel working together in a high performance culture, often with demanding cycle times and high customer expectations because we are working on mission critical communication systems.
Many of our systems are designed around the APCO Project 25 communications standard. With the growth of data services some of our customer's mobile wireless networks are being enhanced with LTE infrastructure for applications such as live mobile video transmission supplementing our traditional core voice and narrowband data networks.
The Senior System Engineer will take responsibility for and oversee all technical aspects of assigned project from award until system acceptance.
* Final Design and implementation of the radio network including infrastructure, subscribers, and mobile backhaul
* Customer presentations
* System staging
* System acceptance testing
* Radio coverage testing and interference mitigation
* Radio system licensing (FCC/Industry Canada/NTIA)
* Complete system documentation
* Live system upgrades
Travel is required for all project phases, from design through final acceptance.
* Experience with radio communication systems, particularly Motorola ASTRO products and releases. * RF Coverage Design and Testing * Experience in IP Networking and Transport technologies. Certifications through CompTIA Network+, Juniper JNCIA-Junos, Nokia NRS1, CCNA or similar desired * Experience directly working with end-user customers. Excellent communications skills and the ability to present complex topics to nontechnical audiences. * Self motivated and able to maintain focus in a pressured environment
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a data communications and telecommunications equipment provider.