Gritstone Oncology is a fast-growing, innovative biotechnology company developing the next generation of personalized cancer immunotherapies. With distinguished scientific founders, an experienced and diverse management team, a seasoned and successful board of directors, and deep financial backing our goal is to develop breakthrough immunotherapy treatments for patients with cancer by identifying and deploying neoantigens from each patient's tumor to develop personalized cancer vaccines.
Gritstone Oncology seeks a Senior Software Engineer to develop applications our scientific teams will use to manage and review analysis data . This is an opportunity to work for a precision biotechnology company where the design of personalized cancer treatments is powered by genomics, cloud and software technology and a multi-disciplinary collaboration of scientific and engineering teams.
* You will design and build data models, web applications, and APIs to help our scientific teams access analysis data and retrieve information integrated from distributed sources. Data sources include but are not limited to manufacturing commercial software, publicly available datasets, sequence analysis pipelines, and contract research organizations.
* You will work closely with software and cloud engineering teammates on the full-stack development and integration of your work, and help the team meet shared deadlines and build high-quality systems.
* You will drive progress on key software projects, from defining objectives to creating effective designs, to developing and integrating new work into our cloud infrastructure.
* Participate in regular code/design reviews
* You will regularly interact with scientific users to understand their needs, create and demonstrate prototypes, and gather feedback.
* Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, participating in educational opportunities
* Bachelor's degree with 6+ years of relevant experience
* Demonstrated experience using the software development lifecycle (design, development, testing, deployment, documentation) to deliver completed software projects
* Experience with data and database modeling: designing relational schemas or NoSQL
* Experience with version control and git-based development workflow
* Expertise with web application frameworks (e.g. Spring, Django, Ruby on Rails)
* Experience developing containerized applications with Docker
* Experience with test automation and CI/CD approaches
* Experience with Test Driven Development
* Fluent in database and application performance tuning
* Experience with software development in a scientific or research environment
* Unix experience
* Clear and proactive communicator
* Excellent Customer Service Skills
About Gritstone Oncology
Gritstone Oncology is a cancer immunotherapy company developing next-generation personalized cancer therapeutics.