Gritstone Oncology is seeking a Machine Learning Scientist to help harness the immune system to treat cancer. Gritstone is a fast-growing, innovative biotechnology company developing the next generation of personalized cancer immunotherapies. The Company's initial goal is to identify and deploy neoantigens for novel treatments for lung, gastric, and colorectal cancer. In addition to neoantigen therapy development, Gritstone is leveraging its unique antigen discovery platform to define targets for shared antigen immunotherapies, which would provide an opportunity to treat even more patients.
* Design and optimize large-scale machine learning models specific to our applications in cancer immunotherapy
* Maintain and improve existing machine learning models that will determine the composition of personalized therapeutics
* Devise and conduct experiments to investigate and validate new models, features, and methods on novel data sets
* MS/PhD in a quantitative field (e.g., computer science, statistics, mathematics, physics, computational biology) or BS/BA with 5+ years' work experience
* Proficiency in the Python programming language
* Experience conducting machine learning/statistical experiments and manipulating data sets
* Understanding of statistical and optimization techniques
Proficiency in related software packages
* Data manipulation, e.g., NumPy, SciPy, pandas
* Machine learning, e.g., scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras
* Data visualization, e.g., Matplotlib, Seaborn
Software engineering experience, including full time industry experience or as a researcher in a lab
Ability to communicate the results of analyses clearly and effectively
About Gritstone Oncology
Gritstone Oncology is a cancer immunotherapy company developing next-generation personalized cancer therapeutics.