The Direct To Amazon org is transforming Amazon.com by helping customers discover and research what they want to purchase. This leads customers to make the best buying decisions by bringing third party content into Amazon.
The Team: Role will span Onsite Publishing, Amazon Influencers, Research & Discovery Experimentation & Amazon Blacksmith for Twitch
The vision for the Onsite Publishing Team is to increase convenience for customers by making Amazon a one-stop-shop for product research and discovery-through sourcing, integrating, valuing, and incentivizing third-party content on Amazon.
This program sources high-quality content from third-party publishers and influencers at scale (e.g. Wirecutter, Consumer Reports or Digital Trends), vends it across Amazon (e.g. Search, Detail Page, other), and monitors content performance. We believe that providing relevant, quality content across Amazon will increase long-term customer engagement along with product discovery and research. Multiple ML opportunities to surface the most relevant content at the best placements.
As a Software Engineer in Amazon, you will:
* be responsible for guiding the architectural decisions supporting this large, complex technology stack. You'll contribute to or lead the design of our most ambitious and emerging systems design efforts.
* be part of the development of innovative new products that weave Social features into the Amazon site experience, and work across the organization to bring the broad array of programs into the mobile era.
* work with individual teams to ensure all of our systems can scale at a pace that matches the ever increasing demands of our rapidly growing Amazon retail business.
* identify and pursue opportunities to horizontally integrate technical solutions across our vertically oriented organization, and drive the encapsulation of existing functionality behind discrete services which form a part of our larger company-wide service oriented architecture.
* lead the proactive identification of common problem spaces across teams and ensure we build single, best-in-class solutions to meet common needs without undue restriction on the agility of individual business verticals.
In short, you will drive the direction and overall development of a world class technology organization and be at the center of all key system level decisions.
As such, you'll be a technical leader across Amazon and help establish technical standards and drive Amazon's overall technical architecture and engineering practices. You'll work on Amazon's hardest problems, building high quality, architecturally sound systems that are aligned with our business needs. Amazon.com senior technical contributors are pragmatic visionaries who can translate business needs into workable technology solutions. Your expertise is deep and broad; you're hands on, producing both detailed technical work and high-level architectural designs.
As a Software Engineer you'll be expected to:
* Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems.
* Contribute intellectual property through patent generation.
* Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
* Fully and completely understand system interdependencies and limitations.
* Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
* Effectively research and benchmark Amazon technology against other best in class automated marketing technologies.
* Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the Amazon developer community on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members.
* Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
The ideal candidate will be a visionary leader, builder and operator. You'll have experience leading or contributing to multiple simultaneous product development efforts and/or IT projects and initiatives. You'll be able to balance technical leadership and savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices. You'll strive for simplicity, and demonstrate significant creativity and high judgment.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.