Do you like helping U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Are you committed to fundamentally transforming the way national security and defense mission agencies partner with industry to meet mission requirements? Do you have experience managing large, complex programs? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking seasoned, proven leader to join the Global Infrastructure Operations organization.
This organization operates rapidly scaling high availability data centers supporting the U.S Intelligence Community. They execute server and network device installations, IT hardware repairs, data center mechanical and electrical system operations and maintenance, physical security operations, and logistics operations on a 24x7 basis. The Sr. Manager of Operations must be technically adept, operationally agile, and completely committed to network availability. The Sr. Manager will be responsible for ensuring standards for operational performance in the areas of safety, security, availability, productivity, capacity, efficiency, and cost of an expanding portfolio of data centers in the Eastern US.
The right candidate will need to stay on top of the long-term strategy as well as the operating details of his/her organization to ensure urgent tactical issues are closed and their teams are taking steps to head off customer impacting risks and issues. We seek a proven leader with operational strength and experience building and leading large geographically dispersed teams.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Operation and maintenance of data center mechanical, electrical, and controls systems to include preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, emergency maintenance, and change management.
* Oversight of teams responsible for installation, repair, and decommissioning of data center hardware and network devices.
* Leading, managing, coaching, and developing the data center cluster operations management teams.
* Performance management of key vendors such as colocation data center service providers and maintenance vendors in line with management goals.
* Executing the infrastructure operations support component of new data center cluster launches, new data center launches, and existing data center expansions.
* Proposing and complying with agreed operational performance goals relating to safety, security, availability, capacity, productivity, efficiency, and cost.
* Supporting the physical security safeguarding of the people, assets, and customer data in data centers.
* Operations budgeting and management of capital expenditures and operating expenses in line with management targets.
* Contributing to continuous improvement of operational processes, procedures, methods, and tools including those related to safety, security, and availability incident/event response, management, recovery, and resolution.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.