The Surface team is seeking qualified candidates for a Platform Engineering position in the Design Verification and Systems Engineering team to work on our next generation products. You will be responsible for the design verification, characterization, tuning and qualification of Surface hardware. You will develop comprehensive verification strategies, characterization strategies and plans that bridge high-level use cases to product architecture/design to effectively and systematically reveal defects. The Design Verification and System Engineer provides critical analysis of data and drives the right solutions, design changes, optimizations and trade-offs in the context of business priorities. On a frequent basis, you will create and introduce innovative test techniques and methods to ensure we deliver a robust product. You will also lead test strategy discussions, execute test procedures, and project-manage qualification cycles.
The engineer will work in a fast-paced environment, learn new technologies, make progress quickly and identify and fill gaps. Candidates must enjoy working collaboratively with development, program management, hardware engineers, software/firmware engineers and partner teams. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated engineer with a passion for integrated experiences to thrive in a small team environment. This person will ensure we are delivering the complete end-to-end hardware and software experiences that delight our customers.
* BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
* 5 or more years' of experience in relevant field.
* Industry experieince creating or modifying code in C, C++, or C#
* Working knowledge of 2 or more of the following areas: WiFi, Bluetooth, Networking, Audio, Video, Display/Graphics, SSD/Storage, Touch systems, USB, DisplayPort, UEFI, and Windows OS.
* Understanding of systems and how software and hardware work together.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The Candidate will:
* Be responsible for all aspects of test engineering and validation of their features, with opportunities to stretch more broadly. This will include working closely with software and hardware developers and program managers to create solid core designs and enable testability of the products.
* Develop new test architectures, methodologies, tools and comprehensive test plans. This includes documenting test architectures, test plans and test cases.
* Conduct technical reviews throughout the development process. This would include reviews of the hardware design, software/firmware design, test architectures, test plans, test cases, and results.
* Create appropriate test automation for all aspects of assigned features including core scenarios, performance, reliability, and stress.
* Work on new devices at various stages of hardware development including proto-type hardware.
* Drive defect reproduction and analysis, study of data produced from static and dynamic code analysis tools, and participate in specification reviews, design reviews, and code reviews.
* Drive test analysis through test suite code coverage and data analysis tools.
* Identify product risk areas and mitigate them through targeted testing.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.