Lionbridge enables more than 800 world-leading brands to increase international market share, speed adoption of products and effectively engage their customers in local markets worldwide. Using our innovative cloud technology platforms and our global crowd of more than 100,000 professional cloud workers, we provide translation, digital marketing, global content management and application testing solutions that ensure global brand consistency, local relevancy and technical usability across all touch points of the customer lifecycle. Based in Waltham, Mass., Lionbridge maintains solution centers in 28 countries.
Employee Sub-Group: Regular FT Salaried
Location: Chicago , Illinois
Position Title: Senior Software Developer
The Senior Software Developer reports to the Application Development Manager. The Senior Software Developer's role is to design, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle. The software developer will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required.
* Work with business end users to determine requirements and propose approaches to address users' needs.
* Analyze requirements to determine approach/proposed solution. Design and Build Solutions using relevant programming languages.
* Thoroughly test solutions using relevant approaches and tools.
* Work in team environment to deliver business solutions.
* Problem solve to address development and production issues.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* 10+ years' experience working as an application designer and software developer working with enterprise applications.
* Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
* Experience with specific phases of the software development life cycle including requirements gathering, requirements analysis, design, development, and test.
* Technically proficient.
* Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
* Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
* Highly self-motivated and directed.
* Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Technically fluent in programming languages, including C, Java.
* Knowledge of database design and file management techniques.
* Knowledge of Service Oriented Architectures.
* Knowledge of Web based Architectures
Deep knowledge of and experience with Java programming
Experience with micro-services and virtualized containers such as Docker, CloudFoundry and/or VMWare, as well as virtualization instrumentation tools such as Kubernetes, Docker Swarm and/or Mesos, though not required, would be beneficial. Informix database SQL and relational database experience. Jenkins CI/CD config/deployment experience a plus
College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or software engineering, and/or 8+ years equivalent work experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
About Lionbridge Technologies
Lionbridge Technologies offers best-in-class global marketing & crowd-sourcing solutions.