Highfive makes meetings better with video conferencing that's insanely easy to use. Founded by two former Googlers and backed by the likes of Andreessen Horowitz, Google Ventures, and General Catalyst, Highfive developed an all-in-one hardware & software solution to fix the age-old problem of why the first 15 minutes of every meeting are a complete waste of time. We've got a strong team, a huge addressable market, and a differentiated product. All we need is you!
Highfive is a cloud-based service supporting tens of thousands of concurrent users in a mission-critical real-time communication application. We are looking for someone to augment our software engineering team by seeding a core and site reliability engineering team that will grow alongside the service technology to eventually enable 99.99% global uptime and hundreds of thousands of real-time audio/video streams. As Highfive succeeds, this role should transition to a staff/lead position.
What you'll be doing:
* Design, implement, productionize and maintain site reliability process and systems
* Educate the platform software engineering team on reliability best practices, and work to institute changes in the software engineering process to accommodate reliability principles
* Alongside software engineers, provide service outage escalation response
* Manage configuration and security for hundreds of instances across multiple environments and regions
* Manage and build core services and infrastructure across the entire engineering organization
* Help build an adaptable, high-velocity team
* Expertise in site reliability engineering in a multi-datacenter production cloud environment with demanding up-time, real-time performance, and security requirements
* Experience adopting and employing open-source and commercial technology products, as well as writing our own where appropriate, in support of the Infra Engineering mission
* Strong familiarity with AWS and Docker
* Experience with leading teams and projects
* Experience engaging and negotiating with equipment and service vendors and partners
* Comfort working with senior management to allocate and prioritize engineering energy in support of the Infra Engineering mission, in a real-world environment constrained by limited resources and bandwidth
* Experience with instituting, tracking, and being accountable for a global uptime metric
* Experience with cloud infrastructure and networking in a production context
* Experience with physical datacenters and networks
* Experience deploying infrastructure overseas, particularly in environments with unique challenges such as mainland China
* Experience with CoreOS
* Experience with HashiCorp tools (Consul, Vault, and Terraform)
* Experience with Kafka, Cassandra, and/or Spark
* Expertise in cloud network security
Highfive is a B2B technology company reimagining the way people communicate at work.