What you'll be doing...
As a Senior Security Policy Engineer you will lead efforts to provide network security designs, solutions, deployment strategies, and technical documentation for the VZ IP Security Networks in our various MSCs and Network Equipment Centers. Participate in design discussions with VZ Planning and Design Teams to design new secured network segments and transport systems security policies for these locations. Work on IDN Policy Review team for supporting requests for IDN, DevNet, and future networks.
* Responsible for analyzing video application data flows and designing firewall policies that support application requirements, adhere to VZ security practices, and meet project timelines. Responsible for analyzing firewall change requests and integrating changes into existing firewall policies, while maintaining security standards.
* Lead efforts to create new MSC and Network Equipment Center security policies based on current business needs, capacity increases, customer growth, directional platforms and emerging technology releases.
* Lead forums and projects on the above and work with other Security, Transport Systems, and Application teams to discuss and solicit feedback on the designs, standards and implementation approaches. Provide technical leadership and guidance to other members of the Security team.
* Develop and maintain security documentation and standards documents, as required.
* Provide higher tier technical support to the Operation teams on all security related networking issues specifically in a virtual cloud environment.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related data security and networking experience.
* Experience and ability to lead and participate in technical sessions, to lead projects that span multiple organizations, and to coordinate technical, implementation and/or troubleshooting discussions.
* Knowledge of structured network design and the OSI Interconnect Model, especially how it relates to the design and deployment of structured networks, is required as well as strong project management skills, strong interpersonal and communications skills (written and oral), and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
* Cisco ACL and FWM experience.
* Experience with F5 Big IP platform, F5 AFM, and F5 Big IQ Management.
* Red Hat Linux experience.
* Experience with managing firewall rules/policy in a large scale environment.
* General networking knowledge and strong troubleshooting skills.
* Knowledge of packet capture tools (TCPdump/Wireshark).
* Experience programming in scripting languages.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.