Senior Security Engineer, Threat Analysis
San Francisco, CA
Who We Are
The Information Security (InfoSec) organization plays a key role within Twitter's trust and security program. Information Security works with teams across Twitter to design and improve the security of the systems they build and maintain, and we build tools, libraries, and systems to enable secure-by-default approaches to growth and development. Twitter's Detection and Response Team mission is to help protect our Customers, our Employees and our company's data by identifying unusual or malicious security threats and performing investigations into computer security incidents.
What You'll Do
Twitter's Information Security Team is looking for a Threat Detection and Response Engineer with experience in discovery, containment, and mitigation of threats to networks, hosts, and endpoints. You will be helping to establish processes for hunting for previously undiscovered malware and intrusions, responding to threats and alerts and automating where possible. You will work within a small team to make significant advancements in the Team's ability find, track and eradicate threats to Twitter's Customers and Employees.
Primary responsibilities include:
* Establishing a framework, processes, documentation and reporting mechanisms for hunting malware and intrusions
* Identify, analyze, and document signals obtained from system logs, malware signatures.
* Build and improve tools for identifying threats, tracking adversaries and analyzing malware
* Partnering with service owners and teams to ensure that logs are available to detect possible attacks
Who You Are
* Experience identifying and understanding modern cyber operations.
* Experience in logs, intrusion detection systems and SIEMs
* Experience with attacker tactics, techniques and procedures
* Excellent communication and documentation skills
* Demonstrated understanding of network and web browser fundamentals, techniques for lateral machine movement, malware persistence mechanisms, covert channels and command and control techniques
* 3 years of experience in a threat intelligence, reverse engineering, or related role.
* Programming experience in 1 more general purpose languages (e.g. Python, Scala, Rust)
* Knowledge of networking technologies, specifically TCP/IP and the related protocols
* Knowledge of operating systems, file systems, and memory on MacOS, Windows, MacOS and Linux
Position available to sit in Seattle, WA or San Francisco, CA Twitter office.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitter is a company that provides a social networking platform.