Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. We offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through our network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies.
Data Science is at the core of Convoy's platform. We build the models that power freight pricing, shipment offer relevance, auction bidding strategy, and other core services. The breadth of the problems space is huge, spanning machine learning, optimization, causal inference, econometrics, and prediction domains. And we have only begun to dig into the difficult and diverse problems in our two-sided marketplace.
Are you excited about working autonomously and being responsible for your domain end-to-end? At Convoy, we are a highly aligned team that operates in a dynamic environment and pivots where needed to focus on what matters most. You will work with high signal-to-noise data to power your deep dive research, modeling, and experimentation projects. If you are curious minded and are passionate about joining a company that is making data science a fundamental part of our success, join us.
You will work on:
* Recommendation Systems
* Forecasting/Time Series
* Marketplace Dynamics
* Auction Design
You have the following skills and experience:
* MS or PhD in Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Math, Electrical Engineering, or related quantitative subject
* Experience with scientific/statistical languages such as R or Python
* SQL fluency
* Minimum of 5 years of experience doing predictive modeling and machine learning in a dynamic business environment
* Intelligent but practical; you want to get things done and love simplicity
* Excellent presenter and writer
* You're a leader and will speak up where needed
* You have a habit of bias-to-action
Nice to have:
* Experience with two-sided markets (platforms) and other economic theory
* Experience in bidding and pricing (e.g., quant experience)
* Big data tools such as Spark or Hadoop
Benefits of working at Convoy:
* Health & Wellness: Taking care of your health comes first. Convoy covers 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums, and 85% for your family. We also provide access to the gym and showers in our building.
* In-Office Happiness: Enjoy catered meals multiple times through the week, and fully stocked fridges and pantries to keep you running full.
* Commuter Benefits: We transport the world; the least we can do is help get you to work. Every employee receives a fully paid Orca Card to get you around on the bus, light rail, or water taxi. We also provide locked bike storage if you prefer to pedal in.
* Time Off: Life outside of work matters! Convoy has a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need- we don't track vacation or sick time. We also offer generous parental leave for those expecting new additions to their family.
* Compensation: We offer market competitive compensation, including stock options and a 401k plan to help save for retirement.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you're a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we'd love to hear from you!
Convoy is a company developing a digital freight network.