Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. We offer the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through our network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies.
The Data Science team is at the core of Convoy's platform. We build the models that power freight pricing, shipment offer relevance, auction bidding strategy, and other core services. The breadth of the problems space is huge, spanning machine learning, optimization, metric definition, econometrics, and analytics domains. And we have only begun to dig into the difficult and diverse problems in our two-sided marketplace.
As Program Manager for Convoy's Data Science and Design teams, you will develop and manage programs that support the growth of the teams and our team members. This will include partnering with stakeholders to roll-out best practices programs for the career evolution of the community, such as recruitment and career development process optimisation and programming our events schedule from lunch & learns and knowledge shares to internal and external Data Science conferences with support from our HR team.
Who You Are:
* You are an expert program manager able to influence stakeholders and drive programs quickly and efficiently to completion
* You are open-minded, thoughtful and curious
* You are an excellent communicator, able to utilise and identify the most appropriate communication channels and to adjust your style based on your audience
* You are outgoing and communicate effectively in front of small and large groups
* You believe in the power of a diverse team and you love to make others feel welcome
* You are comfortable with working some evenings for events e.g. one evening each month
* You have extensive experience building and running successful community outreach and professional development programs for data scientists
* You have built strong, impactful internal and external people networks
* You have 3+ years experience in project and program management roles
What You Will Do:
* Enhance the external visibility of Convoy's Data Science and Design teams as exciting and supportive
* Design and manage programs for Convoy's Data Science and Design teams that foster collaboration, efficiency, and innovation
* Partner with business stakeholders to develop, optimise, and maintain career-lifecycle frameworks and processes such as onboarding new-hires, hiring data science and design team members, and career development
* Manage communications and media programs for Convoy's Data Science and Design teams, such as websites, apps, videos, and blogs
Benefits of working at Convoy:
* Health & Wellness: Taking care of your health comes first. Convoy covers 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums, and 85% for your family. We also provide access to the gym and showers in our building.
* In-Office Happiness: Enjoy catered meals multiple times through the week, and fully stocked fridges and pantries to keep you running full.
* Commuter Benefits: We transport the world; the least we can do is help get you to work. Every employee receives a fully paid Orca Card to get you around on the bus, light rail, or water taxi. We also provide locked bike storage if you prefer to pedal in.
* Time Off: Life outside of work matters! Convoy has a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need- we don't track vacation or sick time. We also offer generous parental leave for those expecting new additions to their family.
* Compensation: We offer market competitive compensation, including stock options and a 401k plan to help save for retirement.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you're a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we'd love to hear from you!
Convoy is a company developing a digital freight network.