Granite Background & History
Granite is one of the premier communications services provider to businesses across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support and our customers include over 85 of the Fortune 100. Granite has over $1.4 billion in revenue with more than 2,000 employees and is headquartered in Quincy, MA just off I-93 and directly next to the North Quincy T Station on the Red Line. Our mission is to be the leading telecommunications company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite has been recognized by the Boston Business Journal as one of the "Healthiest Companies" in Massachusetts. Our Quincy office has an onsite dining facility and a fully equipped state of the art gym that offers daily Cross Fit, Mixed Martial Arts, and Yoga classes available to employees at zero cost.
Granite's philanthropy is unparalleled with over $200 million in donations to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation and the Alzheimer's Association to name a few.
We have been rated a "Fastest Growing Companies" by Inc. Magazine past ten consecutive years in a row (2007-2016).
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position:
Granite has an immediate need for a Senior DevOps / Release Engineer to work on development projects, building, deploying and supporting new and existing software systems, for our fast growing organization. We are looking for a person with strong technical skills and experience with web-based applications and services, such as Microsoft .NET, PHP; relational data bases including Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL; as well as experience with version control tools, branching and merging strategies, automated build, deployment, test and configuration tools (CI/CD).
Candidates with backgrounds as Release Engineers, Software and/or Database Developers, DevOps Engineers, or Software Quality Engineers, will be considered. The individual selected will be responsible for build and release of software and supporting DB objects, version control systems, and setup and troubleshooting on web and other servers. This position offers a talented individual a chance to work with the latest tools and techniques and have a major impact on the fastest growing company in the telecommunications industry!
The right candidate will be a self-starter, able to work independently or as a team member.
Must be able to thrive in a fast paced environment and learn new technologies quickly. This is a growing company where you will be able to have a significant impact on our internal processes and get a chance to add directly to the goals of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Contribute to building and supporting our next generation enterprise solutions. Our internal applications are used by our 1,900+ employees to manage our business and drive our success, and we are constantly improving our customer-facing web applications and automated business-to-business communications.
* Build, release, deploy and configure software to support development processes (both Waterfall and Agile).
* Collaborate with peers and stakeholders to design and implement new tools, procedures and technologies.
* Assist in setting up new servers for Production, UAT, and other test environments and install, manage, and troubleshoot applications and databases on them.
* Design and deploy monitoring and system logging tools; utilize monitoring tools to identify issues and resolve and/or escalate to Development.
* Experience with application development and/or scripting on Microsoft .NET platform
* Experience with automated build and deployment tools such as TeamBuild (TFS), Jenkins, RedGate, CruiseControl or similar
* Experience with relational DBMS technologies, ideally on Oracle and/or Microsoft platform
* Experience with version control systems such as MS TFS, GitHub, etc.; familiarity with branching methodologies
* Familiarity with .NET Technologies Stack (ASP.NET, MVC, C#, WCF)
* Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem solving abilities
* Solid verbal and written communication skills
* Willingness to work outside normal business hours for off-hours releases and support
* Willingness to apply for government clearance (Medium)
* Knowledge and experience with version control systems applied to data base objects
* Knowledge and experience with build automation and continuous integration
* Experience coding/scripting (C#, .NET, PL/SQL, DOS, PowerShell)
* Experience with API integration and / or reporting into MS Team Foundation Server / Azure DevOps
* Experience in working with a cloud services provider such as AWS
* Experience working in an agile environment
About Granite Telecommunications
Granite is one of the premier telecommunications solutions provider for businesses across the United States and Canada. With unparalleled North American coverage, Granite is the leading corporate phone service provider to multi-location companies through our scalable solutions, customized to manage all your local, regional and national locations.