8x8, Inc. (NYSE:EGHT) communication solutions help businesses transform their customer and employee experience. With one system of engagement for cloud voice, video, collaboration and contact center and one system of intelligence on one cloud communications platform, businesses can now communicate faster and smarter to exceed the speed of customer expectations. For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or follow 8x8 on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
The Senior Project Manager (PM) is responsible for providing a successful implementation experience for 8x8 customers. The PM owns and leads the customer delivery engagement and works with the customer, 8x8 provisioning teams and external partners to define and coordinate all aspects of the implementation. During implementation, the PM will be responsible for defining roles and responsibilities, managing through dependencies, overseeing issue resolution, managing project financials including budget and actuals, and hitting milestones on time. The PM will work cross-functionally with pre-sales and deployment engineers, number porting specialists, Sales executives, support teams and 3rd party vendors to ensure end to end management of the project, from the initial scope to the final provisioning of services. As a successful PM, you will develop and build healthy relationships with 8x8 customers, partners and vendors, to promote new and ongoing business opportunities and ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
* Own and lead multiple, simultaneous customer engagements following the 8x8 methodology and utilizing project management best practices.
* Maintain and report on key project metrics such as budget to actuals, resource consumption, risk register, project timelines.
* Lead key project meetings with the customer and project stakeholders to gather requirements, design an appropriate solution, and present the complete project plan.
* Manage project team activities and oversee completion of deliverables, managing schedules, meeting milestones, and ensuring technical success.
* Generate and maintain documentation that supports the collection, management, and reporting of all project related information.
* Develop, document and distribute contingency plans for critical events.
* Work with customers face-to-face or via telephone attending on-site meetings when necessary
* Maintain constant communication with the customer, identify potential issues in advance, and drive appropriate solutions.
* Serve as liaison between customers, partners, 8x8 operations, and on-site support service vendors.
* Collaborate with other departments in 8x8 to reduce time to value in delivery, increase customer retention, and channel input on product development.
* Strong experience in a telecommunications or Professional Services field
* PMP certification required
* Proven experience in project management for 100% customer facing SaaS projects
* At least 12 years of experience in related field
* Demonstrated experience with packaged application software implementation practices.
* Proven ability to work with teams of professionals with diverse technical and business backgrounds
* Ability to plan and manage logistics involving multiple teams
* Superior technical and business problem-solving skills
* Client-focused attitude and ability to be a customer advocate
* Experience interfacing with Enterprise business clients, support groups and 3rd parties
* Proven experience working with project management techniques and tools
* General working knowledge of VoIP and Network technologies
* Strong organizational and analytical skills that include the ability to respond to changing need and shifting priorities while minimizing project impact
* Strong presentation and leadership skills
* Strong verbal arid written communication skills
* Up to 30% travel required
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
View the Participant Poster in English | Español.
View the Right to Work Poster in English | Español.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Include "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.
8x8 provides cloud-based, enterprise-class business phone systems, unified communications, and contact center solutions.