Arup, our innovative spirit and determination enables us to express our ingenuity in unique ways developing many of the world's most innovative and sustainable building, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of over 15,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients' needs.
We are currently seeking a Project Commercial Manager to join our team to work on various projects in the San Francisco office, including large design-build and P3 infrastructure projects.
The focus of this role is to provide strong commercial support to project managers, directors and business administrators. In particular in the areas of financial management, general commercial support, contract administration, sub consultant management and bid support as well as the supervision and training of staff in financial and commercial management of projects
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
* Assist the Project Manager in implementation of project specific cost control processes to ensure project profitability and other commercial goals are met
* Bid and project budget estimation, resource planning, contract review and assessment.
* Utilize financial system to review, monitor and analyze financial performance, project costs and other performance parameters, assist in determining corrective actions to address poor financial performance.
* Prepare WBS and budgets, coordinate and integrate with schedule
* Track actuals against budgets, conduct variance analyses, carry out reporting of project financials and respond to queries from project teams and company executives on performance issues
* Update project forecasts on a regular basis to ensure current and accurate reporting of project performance
* Assist in monitoring and managing scope changes; maintaining change and risk registers, preparing fee proposals and contract change orders
* Carry out Earned Value reporting; cash flow forecasting and monitoring
* Oversee preparation and issuing of monthly client invoices and monitoring accounts receivable
* Contract Administration: assist in checking compliance with contract requirements; prepare various monthly client reports; deal with any project specific insurance requirements
* Sub-contractor management: assist with commercial management of subs including preparation of sub agreements, tracking costs, and reviewing invoices and payments
* Carry out project financial close out and assist with client and sub consultants feedback and audits
* Support the firm's compliance in maintaining ISO and OHSAS requirements
The Qualified professional will have:
* Bachelors Degree in engineering or construction management
* PMP certification or equivalent
* Minimum of 10 years relevant professional experience in design or construction industry on major projects
* Commercial management background and experience in project controls approaches, tools, methodology and systems.
* Experience of project contractual matters, earned value analysis, change management and project procurement methods.
* Negotiation experience with clients and contractors
* Ability to work under pressure, prioritize effectively and manage deadlines; highly organized
* Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
* Ability to relate and work well with people at all levels within the team and within the wider office, as well as externally with clients.
* Very proactive; a team player and able to perform independently and make key decisions as necessary.
* Strong organizational skills and ability to manage complex and diverse projects and deadlines
* Have an advanced knowledge of Excel, data manipulation and spreadsheet design to communicate results
* Experience in PowerPoint
* Experience in project scheduling software preferred
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment that encourages talented people of any background to produce their best work.
Arup provides structural engineering consultancy services.