Are you interested in working in one of the most exciting organizations in Microsoft, relentlessly focused on solving the hardest, most complex customer and partner problems, using your technical knowledge and experience to create market defining opportunities for both Microsoft and the ecosystem? Passionate about new technologies and innovative applications of both Microsoft and OSS technologies to create new market opportunities? Then the Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) team may be the right place for you! The PM team is looking for a highly analytical, strategic thinker and problem solver, who will help us drive thought leadership using the data, systems and tools that drive our business. This role is critical in working across CSE and partner organizations to ensure we are applying our limited set of engineering resources to the most strategic and business impacting engagements for both our customers and Microsoft.
* Functional knowledge of cloud development technologies from one of the following: cloud scale compute, high scale data systems, cloud connectivity or machine learning and AI.
* Proven problem solving capability to deliver end-to-end analyses by asking the right questions, with hands on experience in data mining, extracting data using SQL and Excel and deliver business insights working with BI and visualization tools such as Power BI.
* Demonstrated understanding of engineering processes, system architecture, data management processes, and data quality assurance.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to synthesize complex issues/scenarios into easy-to-understand concepts.
* Effective presentation skills and experience with audiences of all levels.
* Demonstrated ability in prioritizing multiple work streams and coordination across various stakeholders.
* Self-discipline and a drive for results with high attention to detail and ability to work independently in a dynamic environment.
* Candidates must have 4-7 years of relevant technical experience.
* Candidate must have 4+ years experience in a program management, project management, or consultant role
* A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field. MBA a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Working across multiple teams in Microsoft and key CSE stakeholders, including DWR, CELA, Industry Team, CAT and others to ensure engagements that CSE takes on meet our engagement model, that we work as ONEMICROSOFT and partner effectively to meet customer, partner and MS business goals.
* Work as CTE PMs, in partnership with the broader PM team and SE Industry team to ensure consistent and accurate approach to managing engagements based on the CSE workflow; to generate insights on customer engagement, delivered solutions, and technology impact to inform and recommend ways to evolve our business
* Use tools and technology to input, track and report all projects taken on by CSE, working with technical architects and engineers to record solutions applied and where those solutions can be further leveraged across broader opportunities or blocked customers.
* Foster a data-driven culture by solving cross-organizational problems, sharing best practices, and creating insightful dashboards and Power BI views that help optimize customer engagements.
* Maintain a strong relationship and regular communication with all stakeholders, including industry and engineering leaders. This role will have a measurable impact on the processes that define the CSE working model and drive digital transformative projects at Microsoft.
* We are looking for someone who thinks strategically, knows how to work pragmatically in a dynamic environment with few guardrails, and enjoys getting stuff done across a complex matrix of partner teams.
* We require a strong track record that demonstrates your ability to: structure and solve complex problems, communicate to senior decision makers in a clear, compelling way, and drive decisive action in partnership with others in a large organization.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.