We are transforming Microsoft Office 365 to an intelligent fabric to empower people and organizations to achieve more. We span the gamut from user interface design and modern open source implementations (React and React Native) to backend data storage and serving across more than 100,000 backend servers.
As the Graph- and People services organization in Microsoft, we are building graph capabilities into the core of Office 365. Our vision is to let partners within Microsoft utilize our capabilities to unlock the enormous potential sitting in the Office 365 data. To do this we need to create clean and effective APIs accessible from micro-services running in Azure or other fabrics within Microsoft. Our software is powering multiple scenarios for hundreds of million users every day.
The "People" part of our team are standing up People Profile, Image and Contacts Services to power a range of Microsoft services needing key people and contacts information. In addition to enable efficient storage and retrieval of people information via clean and consolidated APIs, we work on populating the profile services with inferences and insights derived from user behavior across the Microsoft suite. The insights part is what makes this particularly exciting and is the connection to other Microsoft teams delivering "insights" by leveraging the intelligence of the substrate
The Principle Product Manager works with setting directions, navigating priorities and creating roadmaps for features and products. We work closely with engineering teams on planning and executing work (projects and scrum backlog activities) and with coordinating deliverables with partner teams - both within MDCN and to a large portion with other development teams in the US. The ideal Principle Program Manager is a customer/ market oriented person with strong product and project management skills, solid technical understanding - with ability to go "deep" - and great personal skills for coordination with engineering teams and partner teams in Norway and US.
* Master's or Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, electrical engineering or related technical disciplines
* 8+ years experience in Program Management or Software Engineer field
* Experience from working in cross-team projects
* Ability to impact and influence business decisions
* Ability to anticipate and manage project risks
* Confidence, solution and result oriented, independent worker
* Dynamic presentation and facilitator skills
* Interest in or experience from people related service
* Good knowledge and understanding of Microsoft products and services
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We are looking for a Principle PM to join the MDCN People Services team. As a Principle Program Manager you are expected to own and drive a product or service area, understanding market need for given area, develop roadmap and plans and negotiate priorities for area together with internal and external partners. You will join the People Services team to drive the evolution of new Profile and Contacts Services. This will require a lot of interaction with partner teams consuming the services - to understand their scenarios and gather requirements - and also a large portion of visionary thinking together with domain experts within Microsoft in order to establish the plan for inferences and insights into these services in the future.
The Principle Program Manager responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Develop visions and goals, define & write technical specifications and detailed implementation plans
* Project management of goals, timelines, communication, and cross team deliverables for one or a set of feature areas
* Effectively apply service, product, market and project management skills to drive product and service success
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.