Devices Program Management Office aims to empower the Microsoft Devices community with the best processes, tools and systems. To support this vision the Devices PMO team is looking for a driven and highly motivated individual to manage and enable day-to-day operations of the Devices Program Management team. This will require the ability to prioritize effectively while balancing the needs of multiple customers. This role is a blend of traditional team operational support such as managing SharePoint sites and DGs, SGs as well as working closely with partners to develop best in class work management processes while driving the teams roadmap schedule and sprint process.
* 5+ years related experience in a PM or Operations role driving positive outcomes across day-to-day operational activities within/across medium to large teams
* Experienced in continuous improvement methodologies (e.g. lean, six sigma) and tools
* Admin experience in establishing and managing SharePoint and Teams sites
* Fluent in Azure DevOps management and agile development methodologies
* Experience in creating and managing Distribution Groups and Security Groups
* Demonstrated project management skills, including strong organization and time management
* Knowledge of change management techniques, structured approaches to problem solving, decision making, and business strategy
* Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
* The ability to work effectively in a fast moving, multi-faceted team environment
* Experience working within the product development lifecycle environment
* Demonstrated ability to work across teams and engage with employees across all levels and disciplines of the organization
* Must have the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment
* A Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent training and/or work experience
* Must possess working knowledge of Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Excel
* Must have excellent oral and written communication skills with developers, managers, functional users, and executives
* Must be self-motivated and have strong desire to learn and excel
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Engage with key internal business partners to develop future state operational processes in support of strategic program initiatives, taking into consideration all critical business aspects to support the solution
* Identify and drive measurable operational improvement outcomes that align with the team and company's strategic goals
* When issues arise manage changes and identify, define, and analyze alternative course of action
* Propose and drive process solutions to optimize team efficiency using data to back up recommendations
* Leverage process automation tools when appropriate to automate tasks and drive efficiencies
* Develop and drive the PMO new work/intake process with internal partners and teams
* Manage the PMO Roadmap and schedule
* Manage the PMO Azure DevOps instance, manage and drive the sprint/standup process
* Take ownership of, and drive our partnership with DES Support and other groups as needed throughout the lifecycle of solution development
* Drive consistency across PMO operations in conjunction with the PMO Change Management/Comms PM
* Approach work with a solution mindset, identifying and prioritizing enhancements to existing process, systems, tools, and analytics
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.