Amazon is seeking a Senior Program Manager to join the Tax team within the Finance organization. This is an exciting and challenging role, and will give the right person a chance to be part of a company and a team making history. Large multi-nationals are facing a period of unprecedented tax reform. This reform will have a significant impact to all business units competing in the global market. Our program management team leads the charge and partners with teams across Amazon to plan, coordinate, and implement mission critical projects resulting from operating a global business in a time of unprecedented change.
We are looking for a Senior PM to join this amazing team. Successful candidates will have experience in at least two of the following three disciplines - Finance (specifically Tax and/or Accounting), Program Management and Technology, and demonstrate an eagerness to learn and become well versed in all three in order to bridge across our diverse group of stakeholders. The candidate needs to be able to easily understand the business line, technical and finance/accounting/tax disciplines, and the impacts of each on the project. They also need to be able to support communications in these areas with current process owners, project stakeholders and executive leadership.
Successful candidates will have demonstrated an exceptional bias for action and comfort driving forward despite ambiguity. A typical project in our portfolio takes over 2 years to deliver, requires work across more than 15 functional teams and requires modification to more than 25 systems. As such, the candidate will often be required to dive deep to remove roadblocks, and carefully manage scope to deliver results on large scale and complex projects while still earning trust across many functions and stakeholders with executive level visibility and sponsorship.
Job responsibilities include:
Manage projects within the Tax portfolio through planning, execution and closeout:
* Take the lead role with project owners, sponsors and subject matter experts to align on project and workstream objectives.
* Document clear and actionable requirements coming from one or more impacted functions and demonstrating a solid working knowledge of requirements to project stakeholders and sponsors.
* Assess impacts across business processes and systems impact assessment
* Build the stakeholder team and project plan for delivery
* Identify risks and dependencies
* Liase with cross-functional stakeholders from Amazon Businesses, Tax, Accounting, Treasury, HR, Legal, Finance Operations and technical teams to document clear, concise and comprehensive status update communications.
* Prepare executive summary documents and lead program reviews with executive leadership
* Drive development, testing, launch, post-launch validation and support
* Identify areas of risk to the project scope or timeline, and escalating to program leadership in a timely manner.
* Dive deep where needed to resolve blocking issues during project execution, testing, launch and cutover.
* Execute project closeout process and practices, ensuring all project artifacts are finalized and archived as appropriate.
* Own and drive process improvements for operational efficiency and consistency across similar programs. Support the development and delivery of tooling, templates, SOPs, process improvements and trainings to varied audiences within and external to the PM team.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.